Metrodata Ltd is strongly committed to protecting your privacy while interacting with our content and services.
This policy applies only to Metrodata Ltd and not to other companies' or organisations' websites to which Metrodata Ltd is linked.
Collection of Information
Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, e-mail address and other contact details. It is entirely your choice whether to respond to these questions or not, but may mean you do not receive the full benefit of that service.
The second type of information that Metrodata Ltd collects is personal information. Metrodata Ltd will collect personal information that lets us know the specifics of who you are such as your name, e-mail address, or postal address, when you provide it to us. With this information, Metrodata Ltd can provide a variety of personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users. We hope that you will find it beneficial to provide individually identifiable information about yourself to us because it will make us more able to respond to your needs.
This information may also be used to inform you of additional products and services which may interest you. You can unsubscribe from any such mailings at anytime.
Consent and Information Collection and Use
We may use your personal or account information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you and to improve the quality of the Site and Services,
- To provide information to you so that you may use the Site and Services more effectively,
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to services and software,
- To bill your account, To communicate with you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Services, or of the availability of any service we provide,
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different service options,
- To carry out our marketing activities;
- To respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public; and as required or authorized by law.
- We may occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your account, planned Services suspensions and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for Metrodata Ltd to disclose your personal information to third parties. Metrodata Ltd may be required by law to disclose the information, or Metrodata Ltd may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested, for example, if you requested a quotation, Metrodata Ltd may disclose your personal information to a third party (i.e. a distributor) who may be better situated to service your needs. However, the disclosure will only be made where it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you disclosed your personal information. Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside the Metrodata Ltd unless you have authorised us to do so.
No sale of Personal Information
Under no circumstances will Metrodata Ltd sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Access and Correction: Personal Data
If Metrodata Ltd holds your personal information. Metrodata Ltd will where possible provide you with access to the information. You may request this information from Metrodata Ltd via e-mail, using the e-mail address you registered with, or by contacting us on +44 (0) 1784 744 700. Metrodata Ltd will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password, we will ask you for your ID and send you an email containing a link that will allow you to reset your password.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Services. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.
Complaints about Privacy
If you have any complaints relating to on-line privacy issues on our website, please notify Metrodata Ltd of this via our contact page. While Metrodata Ltd accepts no liability for any material or links posted to the service, we will investigate all complaints.
Networking The World Since 1989