Core to Edge Networks
The FCM9005 can be deployed wherever managed service demarcation is required at the customer site. The FCM9005 supports standards compliant OAM functions and wire speed loop-back with layer-2 and layer-3 address swapping, so that end-to-end service performance measurements can be initiated from within or across the core network. Utilising Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), the FCM9005 minimises both on-site installation time and the Engineering skills required making the whole process 'Plug & Play'. The FCM9005 provides number of physical connections are offered for both user and network ports including both copper and fibre (SFP) ports.
Site to Site & Meshed Networks
The FCM9005 can be used for service demarcation for a wide variety of Carrier Ethernet services, including E-Line, E-Tree and E-LAN. Multiple traffic types and flows can be supported, with VLANs configurable for service separation and prioritisation used to ensure that mixed traffic flows are handled appropriately. Support for multi-level tag processing also eases core network configuration issues. The sophisticated performance measurement functions offered by the MetroSAM service assurance management hardware means that full service level parameterisation can be performed on installation and Service Level Agreement verification and reporting offered to the customer.
Wholesale Infrastructure & Multi-Carrier Deployments
The majority of Ethernet Service Providers today are in fact 'Aggregators', offering end-to-end connections supplied on a wholesale basis, potentially sourced from a number of different Infrastructure Carriers. Whilst those Carriers may offer discrete Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for their portions of the network, the Aggregator must assure their service from end-to-end, right into the customer premises. In these deployments the FCM9005 is flexible enough to offer true SLA network performance measurements which will include the entire multiple Carrier infrastructure, even if the third party service specifically filters out OAM packets.
The FCM9005 has sophisticated and flexible Layer 2 Control Protocol policy management supporting either the filtering or pass-through of a wide variety of packet types including vendor proprietary L2CP frames. The FCM9005 supports auto MDI/MDIX cross-over switching on the copper interfaces, auto-negotiation and the transmission of 10k byte Jumbo frames. To ensure quick fault detection, the FCM9005 supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a network fault can automatically force a link down on the user ports to indicate to the attached devices that there is a link problem.
The FCM9005 offers a sophisticated but cost effective demarcation solution for Ethernet Service Providers, with flexible interface options. The 'MetroSAM' service assurance architecture allows wire speed measurement of the key parameters necessary to ensure compliance with customer Service Level Agreements. These measurements can also be performed in-service against programmable thresholds to prove that the service continues to operate effectively over the longer term. This proactive fault detection assists in the rapid isolation of potential service problems enabling Service Level Agreement (SLA) assurance whilst reducing operational costs (OPEX).
Zero Touch Provisioning
The FCM9005 supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), minimising both on-site installation time and the engineering skills required. This auto-provisioning process reduces on-site installation to a 'plug and play' exercise, simple enough for the end user to perform themselves, i.e. simply checking that the Ethernet LEDs indicate correct physical connectivity. The EDD auto-discovers its management connection, IP address and TFTP server, then downloads its individual service definition parameters and management system contact details. The EDD then performs a carrier specific series of SLA measurements to micro-second resolution and proves that all of the service parameters have been provisioned properly. Once the service has been fully proven, the EDD sends the SLA verification birth certificate to the NOC for inclusion into the Service Provider's provisioning documentation and then auto-provisions itself. Subsequent in-service SLA verification measurements then continue to check that service levels are being maintained and notify of any drop in performance below a set of programmable thresholds.
ITU-T Y.1564 & RFC-2544 Performance Testing & Benchmarking
The FCM9005 has a powerful ITU-T Y.1564 / RFC-2544 performance benchmark testing capability on-board, which can be scripted to match the specific installation procedures of individual Service Providers. Full CIR / CBS / EIR / EBS testing can be performed on multiple flows simultaneously, with micro-second resolution hardware time stamping, for either Layer-2 or Layer-3 traffic, enabling effective utilization for both pure Ethernet and IP-Routed network infrastructures. Should the EDD suffer a loss of power then a Dying Gasp 802.3ah message and Trap are sent to provide immediate notification of the reason for service loss. All of this functionality combined with the sophisticated in-service SLA performance monitoring and verification against programmable thresholds, dramatically impacts on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of Ethernet Service Provision.
FCM9005 Power Configurations
The FCM9005 is available in a choice of power supplies:
- 100-250 VAC integrated PSU
- Redundant fail over Dual AC integrated PSU
- -48 VDC integrated PSU
- 12V-24V DC available on request
The FCM9005 can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kit. A 1U rack mount kit is also available for the Redundant Dual AC PSU version.
Please contact Metrodata for price and availability of SFP modules including standard 1310nm singlemode as well as long haul, 1550nm, bi-directional and CWDM.
- 4 ports 10/100/1000BaseT
- 1 port 100BaseFX/1000BaseX (SFP)
- 1 port 10/100/1000BaseT
- 1 port 100BaseFX/1000BaseX (SFP)
- 4096 VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q customer-tagged) & stacked VLANs (Q-in-Q service provider-tagged)
- 2-tag management (push/pop) for c-tag & s-tag
- IEEE 802.1ad Provider Bridging (s-tag)
- 16 EVCs supported
- Service classification based on 802.1p or "inherited" DSCP QOS definitions
- Per flow policing and colour marking against CIR / CBS / EIR / EBS
- IEEE 802.3ah Link OAM (EFM)
- IEEE 802.1ag Connectivity Fault Management (CFM)
Service Level Agreement Measurement and Verification
- Y1731 & TWAMP in-service Performance Monitoring
- Sophisticated SLA test generator & analyser accurate to micro-second resolution
- ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC2544 commissioning testing
- Port & service-level loop backs with L-2 and L-3 address swapping
- Link Loss Forwarding to signal network path failures
FAULT & Performance Monitoring
- Frame loss, delay & delay variation monitoring, via Y.1731 and TWAMP
- Statistics gathered on a per-port & per-service basis
- Support for MEF SOAM-FM and SOAM-PM MIB objects for to Performance Assured Ethernet
- SFP DDM support for fibre optic monitoring including OTDR
Automated Configuration & Provisioning
- Zero Touch Provisioning from centralized or remote infrastructure
- Management connection and layer-3 discovery process
- EDD downloads individually tailored service definitions
- User defined test scripts control SLA verification
- Birth certificate evidence sent to NOC automatically
- Self-provisioning by EDD once tests complete
- Automated configuration of in-service measurements against programmable thresholds
- Local craft port (9-way D) which can be disabled
- Local LAN port (RJ45) using CLI, SNMP & Web GUI interfaces
- Maintains in-band VLAN & MAC-based management tunnels
- Telnet, SSH (v2), TACACS+, SNMP
- Configuration database backup & restore
- System software upgrade via TFTP
Layer 2 Control Protocol policy management
- Per-flow filtering or tunnelling of L2CP and other protocols, e.g. RSTP
Alarms & Resilience
- SNMP Trap notification of EDD status including service availability, LAN disconnect warning & user-defined SLA thresholds exceeded
- Dying Gasp OAM message and SNMP Trap in response to power loss
Regulatory & Standards Compliance
- IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN), 802.1p (Priority, 4 queues)
- 802.3ah (EFM), 802.1ag (CFM)
- ITU-T Y.1731
- Safety EN60950
- EMC EN55032, EN55024
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 1U half width, 202 x 132 x 44mm
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 1U 235 x 132 x 44mm - Redundant Dual AC Version
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Storage temperature: -40 to +70°C
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Redundant Dual AC Fail-over PSU version available
- AC PSU: 100-250V AC
- DC PSU: -48DC (12-24V DC optional)
- Maximum power consumption: 10 Watts
| || Order Code|
| Product || AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC || DC Power: -48 VDC |
|FCM9005 Redundant PSU *||80-74-944|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|Redundant PSU Rack mount Kit||80-05-260|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
* No SFPs fitted
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information on the FCM9005 please contact our sales team with your requirements.
| Commonly used SFP transceivers|| Order Code || Description|
| 1000baseT Gigabit Ethernet || 80-31-001 || Copper Interface |
| 1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm || 80-31-011 || Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
| 1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm || 80-31-031 || Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 9.5dB
| 1Gbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm || 80-31-033 || Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 18dB
| 1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm || 80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
| 100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm|| 80-30-021 || Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 8.5dB
| 100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm|| 80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 13dB
| 100Mbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm|| 80-30-033 || Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
| 100Mbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm|| 80-30-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 29dB
Other SFPs are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please Contact our Sales Team contact our sales team
with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
Ethernet Media Converters