The LHM1000 Ethernet Converter is a low cost Carrier Ethernet Service delivery unit, offering end to end management using 802.3ah OAM, and customer site conversion from twisted pair 10/100/1000BaseT and 100Base/1000Base-X fibre to HSSI Serial leased line services.
10Mb/100Mb/1Gb Ethernet to HSSI Serial
- Ethernet Converter of 10Mb/100Mb/1Gb Ethernet to HSSI Serial
- Dual RJ45 plus single SFP flexible media port, offering local Switched Ethernet connections up to 1Gbps
- Mini Jumbo Frame Support (up to 2048bytes)
- Fully manageable via Serial Terminal (user-friendly context-sensitive menu system), Telnet/SSH, SNMP and Web Browser
- 802.3ah Carrier Ethernet OAM protocol support, for Connectivity Management
- TACACS+ for secure authentication
- 802.1q VLAN support (pass-through and tag switching)
- Traffic prioritisation based on 802.1p and/or DSCP markers
- Bandwidth control per Ethernet Port and Priority queue (also for Broadcast traffic), enabling differentiated traffic QoS
- Link Loss Forwarding
- RSTP support
- LED status indicators
- Alarm Extension Relay
- Robust metal casing, made in the UK to high quality standards
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions)
- 12V & 24V DC PSU variants also available on request
- Easy to install & maintain
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
LHM1000 delivering Ethernet services from an MPLS core network
This application shows an LHM1000 unit being used as the Ethernet demarcation device to deliver a Carrier Ethernet service from an MPLS core network. A wide choice of Ethernet connectivity is available for the user via the 10/100/1000baseT and SFP fibre ports. OAM support means that the LHM1000 can be remotely managed by the central network management system using standards based OAM packets.
LHM1000 units performing Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion
This application shows how a pair of LHM1000 units can be used to offer Ethernet service demarcation and LAN Extension functionality either over a HSSI Serial circuit.
The LHM1000 is a switching media converter operating in store and forward mode. The LHM1000 supports auto-negotiation, and auto MDI/MDIX cross-over switching on the copper interface.
To ensure reliable operation, the LHM1000 supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a fault on the serial port will automatically force a link down on the user ports to indicate to the attached device that there is a link problem.
The LHM1000 supports the transmission of Mini Jumbo frames (2048bytes).
The LHM1000 supports 802.3ah OAM which means that the Ethernet service can be managed and monitored right up to the customer delivery point. The future LHM1000 software development roadmap includes support for LACP, IEEE802.1ag and Y.1731 OAM standards.
The LHM1000 is provided with an SFP module with LC connector supporting for example 1000Base-SX for 550 metres operation over multi-mode fibre, or 1000Base-LX for up to 10km over a single-mode fibre.
The LHM1000 is ordered without an SFP fitted, although customers can subsequently change their interface type. Please contact Metrodata for price and availability of SFP modules including long haul, 1550nm, bi-directional and CWDM.
The LHM1000 is available in a choice of 100-250 VAC or -48 VDC integrated power supplies.
The LHM1000 is part of a wide range of LAN extension products from Metrodata.
WAN Port Specs
|Presentation||50 way AMP|
|Line Rate||52Mbps (max)|
1000Base-X Fibre Interface
|Interface||Dual LC connectors|
SFP 1000Base SX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||0dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-17 to 0dBm|
|Optical loss budget||7.5dB (550m)|
SFP 1000Base LX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-3dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-19 to -3dBm|
|Optical loss budget||9.5dB (10km)|
10/100/1000BaseT Electrical Interface
|Port||2x 10/100/1000BaseT with auto-negotiation and Jumbo frame support|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, 1000M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 125 - 65 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 60Hz, 60 - 25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information please contact our sales team with your requirements.
|Commonly used SFP transceivers||Order Code||Description|
|1000baseT Gigabit Ethernet||80-31-001|| Copper Interface |
|1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm||80-31-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-31-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 9.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-31-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 18dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm||80-30-021|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 8.5dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 13dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-30-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-30-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 29dB
Other SFPs are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please Contact our Sales Team contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroConnect Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroConnect Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroConnect Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroConnect Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroConnect Ethernet over Serial Module
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989