The WCM3200 E3/DS3 Ethernet Extender provides Ethernet extension (twisted pair/fibre) over 2x bonded E3/DS3 leased line services either Clear-Channel or Framed. It offers low cost Carrier Ethernet Service delivery providing access to end-to-end management using 802.3ah OAM.
- SFP Fibre Transceivers
- MetroWAVE Fibre & Copper Transceivers
- Manual v8.43
- Manual v8.38
- Manual v8.20
1Gb Ethernet Extender over up to 2x Framed E3 or DS3 services
- Ethernet Extender of 10Mb/100Mb/Gigabit Ethernet over 2x Clear-Channel Framed E3 or DS3 services
- Use either for individual Point-to-Point links, offering seamless Ethernet bandwidth over dual ‘bonded’ WAN circuits between two locations, or as a small Central Site Aggregator serving single E3 or DS3 links to two separate locations
- Four RJ-45 plus single SFP flexible media port, offering local Switched Ethernet connections up to 1Gbps
- Mini Jumbo Frame Support (up to 2048bytes)
- Fully manageable via Serial Terminal (user-friendly context-sensitive menu system), Telnet/SSH, SNMP and Web Browser
- TACACS+ for secure authentication
- 802.3ah Carrier Ethernet OAM protocol support, for Connectivity Management
- Integrated 'Bit Error Rate Testing' (BERT) for WAN link verification and troubleshooting
- 802.1q VLAN support with prioritisation based on 802.1p and/or DSCP markers
- Bandwidth control per Ethernet Port and Priority queue (also for Broadcast traffic), enabling differentiated traffic QoS
- Flexible Ethernet encapsulation schemes, including support for GFP standard for inter-operability
- Link Loss Forwarding
- RSTP support
- LED status indicators
- Alarm Extension Relay
- Robust metal casing, made in the UK to high quality standards
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions)
- 12V & 24V DC PSU variants also available on request
- Easy to install & maintain
- 1-port 1-port and 4-port E3 / DS3 versions also available
MC12000 supporting Multiple Carrier Ethernet Demarcation / LAN Extension Devices
This application shows an MC12000 MetroCONNECT chassis with WCC3200 modules, supporting multiple WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x Framed E3 or DS3 devices. The MetroCONNECT and WCM3200 together offer LAN Extension and Ethernet demarcation, with remote management via 802.3ah OAM. Various service delivery options are available including fibre, copper, and fibre plus copper over two Framed E3 or DS3 circuits. Comprehensive remote network management access is available via the MetroCONNECT including end to end remote management using 802.3ah OAM. 10M, 100M and Gigabit Ethernet applications can all be supported, as can Mini Jumbo frames.
WCM3200 delivering Ethernet services from an MPLS core network
This application shows an WCM3200 unit being used as the Ethernet demarcation device to deliver a Carrier Ethernet service from an MPLS core network. A wide choice of Ethernet connectivity is available for the user via the 10/100/1000baseT and SFP fibre ports. OAM support means that the WCM3200 can be remotely managed by the central network management system using standards based OAM packets. GFP is supported allowing single ended use with aggregation platforms in the core network.
WCM3200 units performing Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion
This application shows how a pair of WCM3200 units can be used to offer Ethernet service demarcation and LAN Extension functionality over two Framed E3 or DS3 circuits.
WCM3200 units performing aggregation of services on multiple sites
This application shows how VLANs can also be used to select which site to forward user data to, e.g. when using a WCM3200 unit supporting two E3 ports at a central site supporting up to two sites with WCM3100 each supporting one E3 port.
The WCM3200 is a member of the MetroCONNECT family, offering Managed LAN extension over either Clear- Channel or Fractional E3 or DS3 Wide Area Networks. The WCM3200 supports four locally switched RJ45 LAN interfaces, three of which are for 10/100Mbps connections and the fourth supporting 1Gbps. A further LAN interface is provided via an SFP port, offering the flexibility of a wide variety of fibre interface options. Over-sized Ethernet frames are supported.
Ethernet VLANs are supported, either by pass-through of existing Tags or by the Push and Pop of Tags on ingress and egress at Ethernet ports. Pre-embedded prioritisation schemes can be honoured, or alternatively prioritisation can be over-written under Management control. Bandwidth limitation per port and per prioritisation can be implemented, providing a mechanism for differentiated QoS for different services. Management is offered via each of Serial Terminal connection, Telnet, SNMP or Web Browser application. Management security is offered via SSH and TAC ACS+ authentication. Support is also offered for ‘Carrier Ethernet’ Link OAM Management (IEEE 802.3ah), enabling status information to be shared with connected equipment if required.
In line with all other members of the MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery family, the WCM3200 supports Metrodata’s ‘zero-touch’ installation process, eliminating the need for skilled resources for remote-site installations.
The WCM3200 supports integrated ‘Bit Error Rate Testing’ (BERT), an invaluable aid during both installation and subsequent troubleshooting. This facility enables integrity testing of the WAN link, prior to application of Ethernet traffic, eliminating doubt as to the location of connectivity problems.
Ethernet traffic is encapsulated by the WCM3200, for transmission over an E3 or DS3 link, using a number of optional schema including support for the ITU-T G.8040 standard ‘Generic Framing Procedure’ (GFP).The product can be used for Point-to-Point links, using two WCM3200 products joined via two ‘bonded’ terrestrial or wireless (e.g. microwave) WAN services, to provide seamless Ethernet bandwidth of up to ~90Mbps between two locations. Alternatively, the product can be used in conjunction with other members of the MetroCONNECT product family, including the WCM3100, WCM3400 and MC12000 Ethernet Service Delivery Chassis. As a small ‘Central Site’ aggregator, the WCM3200 may serve individual WAN links to two separate locations.
The WCM3200 is available in a choice of 100-250 VAC or -48 VDC integrated power supplies.
The WCM3200 can easily be rack mounted.
The WCM3200 is part of a wide range of LAN extension products from Metrodata.
WAN Port Specs
|Port||2-port Framed E3/DS3 conforming to G.703|
|Interface||Mini-BNC pair (75 ohm) per port|
|Framing||E3: G.751 (with or without CRC4) or unframed DS3: C-bit parity or unframed|
|Line Coding|| E3: HDB3 |
|Bit Rate|| E3: 34.368Mbps +/- 20 ppm |
DS3: 44.736Mbps +/- 20ppm
1000Base-X Fibre Interface
|Interface||Dual LC connectors|
SFP 1000Base SX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||0dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-17 to 0dBm|
|Optical loss budget||7.5dB (550m)|
SFP 1000Base LX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-3dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-19 to -3dBm|
|Optical loss budget||9.5dB (10km)|
10/100/1000BaseT Electrical Interface
|Port||4x 10/100/1000BaseT with auto-negotiation and Jumbo frame support|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, 1000M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|strong Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 125 - 65 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 60Hz, 60 - 25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||1U 19 inch rack mount|
|Dimensions||435 x 213 x 43 mm (W x D x H)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -40 VDC|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information please contact our sales team with your requirements.
|Commonly used SFP transceivers||Order Code||Description|
|1000baseT Gigabit Ethernet||80-31-001|| Copper Interface |
|1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm||80-31-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-31-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 9.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-31-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 18dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm||80-30-021|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 8.5dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 13dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-30-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-30-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 29dB
Other SFPs are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please Contact our Sales Team contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroConnect Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroConnect Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroConnect Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroConnect Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroConnect Ethernet over Serial Module
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989