FC7200: 10/100BaseT Ethernet to 100BaseFX Fibre Converter
- Media conversion between 10/100BaseT Ethernet and 100Base-FX Fibre
- Link Loss Forwarding
- LED status indicators
- Zero touch, plug and play interface
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 units in a 1U box
FC7200 10/100baseT Ethernet long haul extension over singlemode fibre
This application shows a pair of Ethernet switches connected over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC7200 units. This singlemode fibre could be across a city, or between cities (e.g. over a rented fibre).
The FC7200 is a switching Ethernet fibre converter operating in store and forward mode. The FC7200 supports auto-negotiation, and auto MDI/MDIX cross-over switching on the copper interface.
To ensure reliable operation, the FC7200 also supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a fault on the fibre will automatically force a link down on the copper port to indicate to the attached device that there is a link problem.
There are three models in the range:
- FC7000 10/100baseT Ethernet extension over multimode fibre for distances up to 5km
- FC7100 10/100baseT Ethernet extension over short haul singlemode fibre for distances up to 30km
- FC7200 10/100baseT Ethernet extension over long haul singlemode fibre for distances up to 70km
Using fibre optics the FC7200 extends the operating distance for a 10/100baseT Ethernet network to 70km using singlemode fibre. Despite these quoted maximum operating distances for the FC7X00 products, specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
As standard, the 100Base-FX interface is presented using duplex SC fibre transceivers. Other options such as ST and FC/PC are available upon request.
The FC7200 products are available in a choice of 100-250 VAC or -48 VDC integrated power supplies.
The FC7X00 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
100Base-FX Fibre Interface
100Base-FX Long Haul Singlemode 8/125um
|Tx Power||-5 to -0dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-7dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-34 to 7dBm|
|Optical loss budget||29dB (70km)|
10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface
|Port||10/100BaseT with auto-negotiation|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0-50 deg C|
|0-95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 150-85 mA|
|AC Mains||100-250 VAC, 50-60Hz, 60-25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100-250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FC7200 Singlemode Long Haul||80-05-939||80-21-939|
|2 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989