Designed for the Gigabit Ethernet arena the FC-GigE fibre converter offers a low cost conversion of 1000baseSX 50/125um or 62.5/125um multimode fibre with a maximum range of 550m, to a 1000baseLX interface with a range of 10km when used with 8/125um singlemode fibre
1000baseSX to 1000baseLX Ethernet Media Converter
- Simple 850nm multimode to 1300nm singlemode conversion
- Payload and protocol transparent
- Media conversion between 1000baseSX and 1000baseLX
- 1000baseLX operates over 10km of singlemode fibre
- Zero configuration required - just plug & go
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
FC-GigE for Gigabit Ethernet extension singlemode fibre
This application shows a pair of Gigabit Ethernet switches connected over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC-GigE units. This singlemode fibre could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fibre). The FC-GigE can also be used to convert between a 1000baseSX interface on one Ethernet device and a 1000baseLX interface on another Ethernet device.
The FC-GigE converts between 1000baseSX and 1000baseLX, allowing multimode Gigabit Ethernet equipment to be extended over 10km of singlemode fibre.
The FC-GigE has dual SC connectors, with the 1000baseSX port operating at a nominal wavelength of 850nm, whilst the 1000baseLX port operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm.
The FC-GigE is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
|Interface||Dual SC, Multimode 50/125um or 62.5/125um|
|TX Power||-9.5 to -4 dBm|
|Max Input Power||0dBm|
|RX Sensitivity||-17 to 0dBm|
|Optical Loss Budget||7.5dB (550m)|
|Interface||Dual SC, Multimode 50/125um or 62.5/125um or Singlemode 9/125um|
|Data Rate||1.25 Gbps|
|TX Power||-11.5 to -4dBm||-9 to -3 dBm|
|Max Input Power||-3 dBm||-3 dBm|
|RX Sensitivity||-20 to -3 dBm||-20 to -3 dBm|
|Optical Loss Budget||8.5 dB (550m)||11 dB (10km)|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 200 - 100 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 400Hz, 65 - 25mA IEC connector|
|Power Consumption||4.5 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: - 40 VDC|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00: E1/T1 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00: E3 to Fibre Extender
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00: STM-1/OC3 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232: RS232 to Fibre
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100: Serial to Fibre
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FCGIGE: BaseSX to BaseLX
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000: E1/Ethernet to Fibre
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000: E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet to Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989