The Metrodata FC1000 product provides a high performance solution for extending and interconnecting voice and data communication infrastructures using multimode fibre optic cabling. Both North American T1 and European E1 standards are supported.
This is an alternative product for the Probot 3005 E1 Fibre Modem.
E1/T1 G703 to Multimode Fibre Converter
- Low cost voice or data trunk extension or trunk connection over fibre
- DPNSS, Primary Rate ISDN-30 DASS and ISDN30e QSIG PBX trunk protocols supported
- Unchannelised and Fractional E1 router data also supported
- T1 ISDN PRI and T1 router data also supported
- Payload, voice and data protocols and PBX signalling get passed through transparently
- Must be used in pairs
- E1 or T1 selection via a switch
- BNC and RJ45 switch selectable E1 connections
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 FC1000 units in a 1U box
- Alternate product for Probot 3005
- FC1X00 family - E1 2Mbps G703 or T1 1.544Mbps over fibre
- FC1100 - E1 2Mbps G703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode fibre up to 30km
- FC1200 - E1 2Mbps or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode fibre up to 70km
- Connecting E1/T1 routers together using multimode fibre
- E1/T1 router to NTE extension over multimode fibre
This application shows a pair of PBX systems connected over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between two PBXs at either end of a large hotel), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows a PBX being remotely connected to an NTE over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between a PBX and a switch room at either ends of a building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows a pair of routers connected over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between two routers at either end of a large building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an NTE over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between a router and a switch room at either ends of a building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an E1 G703 satellite modem over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between a router and a switch room at either ends of a building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, and the cost of fibre falling dramatically, the Metrodata FC1X00 Fibre Converter product range provides a cost effective solution for the extension of E1 (2.048Mbps) or T1 (1.544Mbps) services.
There are three models in the range:
- FC1000 E1 2Mbps G703 or T1 1.544Mbps over multimode fibre (up to 5km)
- FC1100 E1 2Mbps G703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode short haul fibre (up to 30km)
- FC1200 E1 2Mbps G703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode long haul fibre (up to 70km)
Using fibre optics the FC1000 extends the operating distance of an E1 G703 or T1 interface whether on a router, PBX or similar equipment over multimode fibre. The FC1000 is totally transparent to both payload and protocol and as such will support unframed or framed data such as G704, ISDN PRI, T1 PRI 23B+D, D4 or ESF.
The maximum operating distance of the FC1000 is 5km, although specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
The standard FC1000 is supplied with SC fibre connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC1000 E1 G703 connection is configurable between twin BNC coaxial connectors or a single RJ45. The G703 interface supports direct connection to equipment such as Routers or PBXs, however a cross-over cable must be used to connect to an NTU.
The FC1000 has an integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC1000 can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kit or is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC1000).
The FC1000 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The FC1000 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
Line E1/T1 Electrical Interface
|Port||G703, 75 ohm unbalanced, 120 ohm balanced, 100 ohm balanced|
|Interface||BNC (75 ohm), RJ45 (120 ohm), RJ45 (100 ohm)|
|Bit Rate||2.048Mbps, 1.544Mbps +/- 50ppm|
|Cable Lengths||RG59 = 600m, UR202 = 750m|
Multimode Fiber Interface
|Interface||Dual SC Multimode 62.5/125um|
|Tx Power||-14 to -19 dBm|
|Max Rx Power||-14 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-14 to -30 dBm|
|Optical loss budget||-19 - (-30) = 11 dB|
Compliance & Approvals
|Temperature||0 - 45 deg C|
|Humidity||0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 KPA|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40V to -72V DC, 200 - 100 mA|
|AC Mains||100V - 250V AC, 50 - 400Hz, 60 - 25mA IEC connector|
|Power Consumption||4.5 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FC1000 E1/T1 to multimode fibre converter||80-05-910||80-21-910|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
|MetroRack FC1000 Module||80-15-910||80-15-910|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00: E1/T1 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00: E3 to Fibre Extender
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00: STM-1/OC3 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232: RS232 to Fibre
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100: Serial to Fibre
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FCGIGE: BaseSX to BaseLX
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000: E1/Ethernet to Fibre
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000: E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet to Fibre Multiplexer
- DC1000: E1 to X.21
- DC1200: E1 G703 to V.35
- DC3000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21
- DC3200: Fractional E1 G.704 to V.35
- WC1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- FC1X00: E1 over Fibre (MM/SMSH/SMLH)
- FM4000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21/V.35 with SNMP Converter
- FM4200: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + X.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- FM4500: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + 4xX.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple E1/T1/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Multiple E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989