The Metrodata FC1100 product provides a high performance solution for extending and interconnecting voice and data communication infrastructures using singlemode fiber optic cabling. European E1 2Mbps G.703/G.704 and North American T1 1.544Mbps standards are both supported.
This is an alternative product for the Probot 3005 E1 Fibre Modem.
E1 G.703 (BNC/RJ45) to 30km Singlemode Fiber Converter
- Low cost voice or data trunk extension or trunk connection over fibre
- DPNSS, Primary Rate ISDN-30 DASS and ISDN30e QSIG PBX trunk protocols supported
- Unchannelised and Fractional E1 router data also supported
- T1 PBX and T1 router data also supported
- Payload, voice and data protocols and PBX signalling get passed through transparently
- Must be used in pairs
- E1 or T1 selection via a switch
- BNC and RJ45 switch selectable E1 connections
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 FC1100 units in a 1U box
- Alternate product for Probot 3005
- FC1X00 family - E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over fiber
- FC1000 : E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over 5km multimode fiber
- FC1200 : E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over 70km singlemode fiber
- Connecting two PBX systems together using singlemode fiber
- PBX to NTE extension over singlemode fiber
- Connecting E1/T1 routers together using singlemode fiber
- E1/T1 router to NTE extension over singlemode fiber
This application shows a pair of PBX systems connected over a singlemode fiber using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fiber could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fiber).
This application shows a PBX being remotely connected to an NTE over a singlemode fiber using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fiber could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fiber).
This application shows a pair of routers connected over a singlemode fiber using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fiber could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fiber).
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an NTE over a singlemode fiber using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fiber could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fiber).
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an E1 G.703 satellite modem over a singlemode fiber using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fiber could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fiber).
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, and the cost of fiber falling dramatically, the Metrodata FC1X00 Fiber Converter product range provides a cost effective solution for the extension of E1 (2.048Mbps) or T1 (1.544Mbps) services.
There are three models in the range:
- FC1000 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over multimode fiber (up to 5km)
- FC1100 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over singlemode short haul fiber (up to 30km)
- FC1200 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.5Mbps over singlemode long haul fiber (up to 70km)
Using fiber optics the FC1100 extends the operating distance of an E1/T1 G.703 interface whether on a router, PBX or similar equipment over singlemode fiber. The FC1100 is totally transparent to both payload and protocol and as such will support unframed or framed data such as E1 G.704, ISDN PRI, T1 ESF, 23B+D, ISDN-30.
The maximum operating distance of the FC1100 is 30km, although specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fiber cable, the use of connecting fiber cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fiber optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fiber optic loss budget specified for this product.
The standard FC1100 is supplied with SC fiber connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC1100 E1 G.703 connection is configurable between twin BNC coaxial connectors or a single RJ45. The G.703 interface supports direct connection to equipment such as Routers or PBXs, however a cross-over cable must be used to connect to an NTU.
The FC1100 has an integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC1100 can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kitor is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC1100).
The FC1100 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The FC1100 is part of a range of fiber conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fiber conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fiber conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fiber mode or wavelength conversion.
Line E1/T1 Electrical Interface
|Port||G.703, 75 ohm unbalanced, 120 ohm balanced, 100 ohm balanced|
|Interface||BNC (75 ohm), RJ45 (120 ohm), RJ45 (100 ohm)|
|Bit Rate||2.048Mbps, 1.544Mbps +/- 50ppm|
|Cable Lengths||RG59 = 600m, UR202 = 750m|
Multimode Fiber Interface
|Interface||Dual SC Singlemode 8/125um|
|Tx Power||-8 to -15 dBm|
|Max Rx Power||-8 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-8 to -31 dBm|
|Optical loss budget||-15 - (-31) = 16 dB|
Compliance & Approvals
|Temperature||0 - 45 deg C|
|Humidity||0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 KPA|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40V to -72V DC, 200 - 100 mA|
|AC Mains||100V - 250V AC, 50 - 400Hz, 60 - 25mA IEC connector|
|Power Consumption||4.5 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FC1100 E1/T1 to singlemode fiber converter||80-05-918||80-21-918|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
|MetroRack FC1100 Module||80-15-918||80-15-918|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00: E1/T1 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00: E3 to Fibre Extender
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00: STM-1/OC3 to Fibre
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00: SM SH/LH to MM Fibre
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232: RS232 to Fibre
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100: Serial to Fibre
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FCGIGE: BaseSX to BaseLX
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000: E1/Ethernet to Fibre
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000: E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet to Fibre Multiplexer
- DC1000: E1 to X.21
- DC1200: E1 G703 to V.35
- DC3000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21
- DC3200: Fractional E1 G.704 to V.35
- WC1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- FC1X00: E1 over Fibre (MM/SMSH/SMLH)
- FM4000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21/V.35 with SNMP Converter
- FM4200: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + X.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- FM4500: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + 4xX.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple E1/T1/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Multiple E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989