- Must be used in pairs.
- Extends HSSI over 150 metres
- Data paths to 51.84Mbps
- External Alarm relay port
- Simple bandwidth configuration
- Plug and Play solution
- Integral power supply (110V AC, 220-250V AC or -48V DC versions)
- Satellite modem compliant ASI interface
- Asymmetric data rate support
In the schematic above, 2 routers are located 150 metres apart with HSSI interfaces operating at 51.84Mbps.
In the schematic above, the HE1000 provides a conversion function between a router HSSI port and a satellite modem with an ASI port, allowing the router to connect to the satellite modem, which is 150 metres away. Asymmetric data rates (e.g. 8Mbps one way and 34 Mbps the other) can be supported by the HE1000.
An equivalent network connection using a satellite modem with ASI interface connected to an HE1000 MUST also exist at the other end of the satellite link.
N.B. The HE1000 CANNOT be connected directly to an HSSI satellite modem.
HSSI is a common WAN port interface for higher speed routers and servers, which can operate at up to 51.84Mbps, over distances of up to 10 metres.
In data warehouses where large numbers of servers need interconnecting, or where multiple ISPs operate from within the same premises, this distance restriction can become a major logistics problem. Metrodata’s HE1000 HSSI extenders can be used to increase these connection distances up to 150m using standard coaxial cable, which means that separate cabinets, separate rooms, or even neighbouring buildings can now be used to locate equipment with secure access for each ISP.
A primary design goal for the HE1000 was ease of use, and the HE1000 is truly Plug & Play, with almost no configuration necessary for point to point HSSI extension between routers. The HE1000 operates as a HSSI DCE, providing the transmit timing to an attached router, with a simple dip-switch selection for either N*1Mbps or standard telecoms bandwidths such as 34.368Mbps, up to the maximum data rate of 51.84Mbps.
The HE1000 provides a standards-compliant asynchronous serial interface (ASI) as the transmission medium. ASI runs over standard coaxial cable terminated with BNC connectors. It provides a much more flexible and robust interconnect than HSSI. The ASI interface utilises an adaptive equaliser stage in the receive interface and can operate over 150 metres of good quality coaxial cable. The HE1000 ASI interface is fully compatible with the ASI interface presented on Satellite modems.
The HE1000 can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kit.
|Physical Interface||HSSI, 50 way AMP connector|
|Data Rates|| Dip-switch selectable N x 1 Mbps or standard Mbps as below:|
1.544, 2.048, 6.312, 8.192, 8.448, 16.384, 32.768, 34.368, 44.736, 51.84
ASI UNI Port
|Physical Interface||BNC (75 ohm)|
|Line Code||8B / 10B|
|Transport Clock||270 Mbps +/- 15 ppm|
|Voltage||800 mV +/- 10%|
|Data Rate||Up to 51.84 Mbps|
|Temp||0-45 deg C|
|Humidity||95% RH, non-condensing|
|AC Mains||220-240 VAC, 50-400Hz, 50mA IEC connector|
|-40VDC||-40 to -72 VDC, 200-100mA|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions (W x D x H) mm
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Desktop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
Compliance & Approvals
|EMC||EMC EN55032, EN50083-9|
|Product||AC Main: 220 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -40 VDC|
|1U 2 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|6U 18 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
- Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial - Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial: MetroCONNECT LHM1000
- Sophisticated connection at 8.448Mbit/s to unframed E2 leased lines - FM4850: E2 to HSSI Converter
- Plug and play connection at 34.368Mbit/s to unframed E3 leased lines - DC3445: E3/DS3 to HSSI Converter
- Sophisticated connection at 34.368Mbit/s to unframed E3 leased lines - FM4900: E3 to HSSI Converter
- Plug and play connection at 44.736Mbit/s to unframed DS3 leased lines - DC3445: E3/DS3 to HSSI Converter
- Sophisticated connection at 44.736Mbit/s to unframed DS3 leased lines - FM4950: DS3 to HSSI Converter
- Connection between routers with Packet over Sonet (POS) and HSSI interfaces - PA1000: Packet Over Sonet
- Connection between routers with Packet over Sonet (POS) interfaces via a HSSI satellite link at up to 100Mbps - PA1000: Packet Over Sonet
- HSSI to EIA530 conversion - B2X00 HSSI to EIA530
Networking The World Since 1989