As fibre becomes more commonplace, there is a growing need to connect legacy equipment together via fibre, either over short distances within a building (generally Multimode) or over longer distances between buildings (generally Singlemode). There is also a need to convert between different fibre types e.g. between a router Multimode fibre port and a long distance Single Mode fibre supplied by a Telecoms carrier.
As companies expand and move forward in the utilization of their existing cabling structures, there is a need to convert different fibre types from either the supplier carrier or the existing legacy copper infrastructure to a newer fibre installation or to expand an existing fibre system.
This should be both economical and transparent to the network user, as well as extending the life of and distance of network itself.
Whether you need to use Singlemode fibre for long distance or Multimode fibre for short distance, Metrodata has a solution to your fibre conversion problem.
Select your application from the following options:
Ethernet Media Conversion - Ethernet Media Converters
- Interconnect between different Ethernet standards, e.g. 10/100/1000baseT and fibre, or 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX
Legacy E1 2Mbps/T1 1.544Mbps G.703 applications over fibre - FC1x00
- Interconnect E1 2Mbps/T1 1.544Mbps G703 applications (e.g. PBXs) across point-to-point campus Singlemode or Multimode fibre
Legacy E3 34Mbps G.703 applications over fibre FC3x00
- Interconnect E3 34Mbps G703 applications (e.g. MPEG video) across point-to-point campus Singlemode or Multimode fibre
Legacy DS3 45Mbps G.703 applications over fibre FC3x00
- Interconnect DS3 45Mbps G703 applications (e.g. MPEG video) across point-to-point campus Singlemode or Multimode fibre
Fibre Service Provision - STM-1/OC-3 at 155Mbps FC4x00
- Deliver STM-1/OC-3 fibre services using coaxial copper (BNC) network equipment
RS232 extension over fibre - up to 256kbps FIMO-232
- Connect RS232 devices together over Singlemode or Multimode fibre
Serial extension over resilient fibre - up to 8Mbps FIMO-2100
- Connect X.21, V.35, EIA530, RS449 and V.36 devices together over resilient Singlmode or Multimode fibre using SFP fibre transceivers
Fibre Mode Conversion at 155Mbps FC2x00
- Convert Multimode user equipment and building infrastructure to Singlemode Fibre from the Service Provider at 155Mbps
Fibre Mode Conversion at 622Mbps FC6x00
- Convert Multimode user equipment and building infrastructure to Singlemode Fibre from the Service Provider at 622Mbps
Click on this link for some examples of Fibre Solutions
View our Fibre Glossary for an introduction to Fibre.
Networking The World Since 1989