1. Metrodata warrants that all products shall be free from any defect or damage for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment from Metrodata.
2. This 12 month period can be extended to 36 month or 60 months through an Extended Warranty contract purchase (contact Metrodata Sales for a quotation).
3. Metrodata offers a Return To Base (RTB) repair policy on all products outside the Dead on Arrival (DOA) period.
4. The shipment of "Advanced Replacements" is a separate chargeable service which must be purchased at the same time as the product,
RTB Repair Policy/Process:
1. In the event of a Metrodata product being identified as faulty, Metrodata should be contacted with the product description, product serial number (found on the base of the product) and fault symptoms.
2. The warranty status of the product will be checked to confirm if the repair is "Within Warranty" and free of charge, or "'Outside of Warranty"' in which case a repair quotation will be provided viaTechnical Support.
3. A Returns Material Authorisation (RMA) number will be provided which should be written on returning paperwork and the outer packaging.
4. The faulty product should be returned to Metrodata (at customer cost) and a repair will be carried out within 7 working days and then shipped back (at Metrodata cost) to the notified return address.
5. Where products are returned and no fault is found, Metrodata reserve the right to make a charge that will be a fixed fee of £50 per product.
6. For "Within Warranty" repairs, where the fault is found to be beyond economical repair, and deemed not to have been caused by a customer action, a replacement product of the same type will be returned.
7. For "Outside of Warranty" repairs, where the fault is found to be beyond economical repair, no repair charge will be incurred, and a quotation will be provided for a replacement product.
8. Repaired or replacement products will retain the remaining portion of the warranty period of the original product, or have a minimum warranty period of 3 months if this is longer.
Dead On Arrival (DOA) policy
1. In the event of a product being received "Dead on Arrival" (DOA), immediate notification should be given to Metrodata.
2. If this notification is received within seven days of the original shipment from Metrodata, then a DOA replacement product will be requested.
3. Assuming that a replacement product is available, then this will be dispatched within 8 working hours of a call being logged with the Technical Support department.
4. Where replacement product is not available, Metrodata will make all reasonable efforts to either repair the product or supply a replacement as soon as is practicable.