The WCM1000 Ethernet extender product offers a simple "plug and play" method to extend a LAN connection between multiple sites using an E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line, whilst also offering extended management functionality.
The integrated 4-port Ethernet switch supports local switching, thereby removing the need for external switches or hubs in smaller Ethernet installations. VLAN support is also offered.
Ethernet Extension over an E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line
The WCM1000 has been superceded by the newer more flexible WCM1100 Managed Ethernet Extender over E1/T1 Converter unit which offers improved functionalilty. However limited stocks of the WCM1000 may still be available for a limited period. Please contact Metrodata for further information.
- Must be used in pairs
- Feature rich Ethernet extender over E1 leased lines
- Quad port Ethernet switch on subscriber side, with wirespeed local switching
- 4 Auto-negotiating subscriber 10/100 BaseT ports, with auto MDI/MDIX switching
- Wire speed filtering of local packets
- Efficient HDLC encapsulation on WAN port
- Native VLAN support
- Local and remote management (SNMP and Telnet)
- Extensive statistics and performance monitoring
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 WCM1000 units in a 1U box
- WAN-in-a-CAN - overview of product family
- WC1000 - quad 10/100baseT switch with E1 uplink
- WC X.21 - quad 10/100baseT switch with X.21 uplink
- WC V.35 - quad 10/100baseT switch with V.35 uplink
- WC3445 - quad 10/100baseT switch with switchable E3 or DS3 uplink
This application shows two LANs connected together using an unframed E1 2M G.703 leased line, such as a BT Megatream-2 circuit. As a plug and play Ethernet switching device the WCM1000 is a straight forward and cost effective alternative to the use of routers in small and medium sized networks. VLAN support and remote management allow the simple implementation of sophisticated solutions.
Full wirespeed switching and filtering between the 10/100 BaseT LAN ports is supported so that only packets destined for the remote site are forwarded over the E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line.
For simpler installations the WCM1000 requires no configuration, and is therefore truly "plug and play". The subscriber ports perform auto-negotiation and support both 10M and 100M operation in full duplex (FD) or half duplex (HD) modes. Manual selection of 100M FD operation enables connection to fixed router ports. Cabling issues are minimised through the use of automatic MDI/MDIX selection on these ports.
Sophisticated management functionality is offered either locally or remotely using Telnet and SNMP, with multiple levels of security for user access available. Telnet offers a simple menu driven method of changing all configuration parameters as well as analysing the extensive performance statistics that are available. Using SNMP a network manager will have full GET/SET access to all configurable items. SNMP access is restricted to authorised NMS systems, which will receive SNMP traps offering unsolicited remote notification of problems.
The highly efficient HDLC encapsulation of packets ensures that maximum throughput is achieved on the WAN link. Internal packet buffering enables each WCM1000 to smooth out bursty traffic without packet loss.
The WCM1000 can easily be rackmounted in either a 1U two unit rackmount kit, in a or is available in a 1U quad box (1U rackmountable unit containing 4 x WCM1000 units).
Please contact our sales team for details of the newer WCM1100.
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
- WC X.21: Ethernet over X.21
- WC V.35: Ethernet over V.35
- WC1000: Fast Ethernet over E1 G.703
- WC-Serial: Fast Ethernet to Serial 'Plug & Play' Extender
- WCM1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- WC3445: Ethernet over E3
- WC3445: Ethernet over DS3
- WC155: Ethernet over STM-1/OC-3
- LH1000: Ethernet over HSSI
- LV2000: Ethernet over LVDS
- MetroLAN1000: E1/T1/Ethernet over STM-1/OC-3 Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Ethernet/E3/DS3/E1/T1 over STM-1/OC-3 Fibre Multiplexer
- DC1000: E1 to X.21
- DC1200: E1 G703 to V.35
- DC3000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21
- DC3200: Fractional E1 G.704 to V.35
- WC1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- FC1X00: E1 over Fibre (MM/SMSH/SMLH)
- FM4000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21/V.35 with SNMP Converter
- FM4200: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + X.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- FM4500: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + 4xX.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple E1/T1/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Multiple E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989