This section describes those Metrodata products which offer an effective way of converting between the high performance leased line interfaces: Nx64kbps, E1, E2, E3, DS3, STM-1, OC-3 allowing interfacing to HSSI, X.21, V.35, E1, T1, Ethernet ports on equipment such as routers and PBXs.
This conversion is performed transparently and so is independent of protocol or router configuration. These DSU's, offer a comprehensive management functionality which allows the full range of monitoring and configuration control via either local or remote management. This can be done, via a local terminal port, remote access via an IP network or in band management.
Select your leased line from the tabs below:
These products allow connection of customer equipment to Nx64kbps leased line services.
- Extension of Nx64kbps services plus E1 over an E1 leased line - FM4200
- Extension of multiple Nx64kbps services plus E1 over an E1 leased line - FM4500
- Simple point to point 10/100baseT Ethernet over 64kbps to 20Mbps X.21 conversion - WC X.21, superceded by WCM-Serial
- Simple point to point 10/100baseT Ethernet over 64kbps to 20Mbps V.35 conversion - WC V.35, superceded by WCM-Serial
These products allow connection of customer equipment to E1 2M G703 leased line services.
- Simple point to point 10/100baseT Ethernet conversion - WC1000
- Simple 2.048Mbps X.21 conversion - DC1000
- Simple 2.048Mbps V.35 conversion - DC1200
- Simple 64kbps to 1984kbps X.21 conversion - DC3000
- Simple 64kbps to 1984kbps V.35 conversion - DC3200
- Sophisticated 64kbps to 1984kbps X.21/V.35 conversion - FM4000
- Sophisticated 64kbps to 1984kbps X.21/V.35 conversion plus E1 drop port - FM4200
- Sophisticated Quad 64kbps to 1984kbps X.21/V.35 conversion plus E1 drop port - FM4500
These products are used to interface high performance DTE equipment such as bridges or routers to unframed 8Mbps E2 G703 services. The DTE equipment may present either an X.21 or HSSI interface. These units are usually used in pairs with one unit at either end of the Wide Area link.
These products are used to deliver multiple user applications from a single STM-1 leased line service.