Return to Base Repair Process
RTB Repair Process:
- In the event of a Metrodata product being identified as faulty, Metrodata should be contacted with the product description, product serial number (found on the base of the product) and fault symptoms.
- The warranty status of the product will be checked to confirm if the repair is "Within Warranty" and free of charge, or "Outside of Warranty" in which case a repair quotation will be provided via Technical Support.
- Technical support will assess the problem and offer telephone support to rectify the issue. If a return is deemed necessary a Returns Material Authorisation (RMA) number will be provided which should be written on returning paperwork and the outer packaging.
- The faulty product should be returned to Metrodata (at customer cost) and a repair will be carried out within 7 working days and then shipped back (at Metrodata cost) to the notified return address.
- Where products are returned, and no fault is found, Metrodata reserve the right to make a charge that will be a fixed fee of £50 per product.
- For "Within Warranty" repairs, where the fault is found to be beyond economical repair and deemed not to have been caused by a customer action, a replacement product of the same type will be returned.
- For "Outside of Warranty" repairs, where the fault is found to be beyond economical repair, no repair charge will be incurred, and a quotation will be provided for a replacement product.
- Repaired or replacement products will retain the remaining portion of the warranty period of the original product or have a minimum warranty period of 3 months if this is longer.
Networking The World Since 1989