Metrodata's managed Network Testers, EDD's and LAN extension devices offer simple to follow menu driven configuration pages, enabling:
- Optimised configuration with the minimum of training
- More efficient installation and commissioning of your network
- You to take full advantage of the functionality available in our NetTESTER's and EDD's
- Savings in both time and money
- Alerts and flags to tell you what's happening and who to call to get it fixed
- An SLA for your service, which is then tested and monitored against, configured in a few easy screens (available on NetTESTER and EDD's)
- Example of how easy it is to configure an SLA test
Using Metrodata's NetTESTER Ethernet Testers, you are able to:
- Reduce time in fault identification / trouble shooting costs by alarming the fault condition on unit
- Reduce time in fault identification / trouble shooting costs by alarming the fault condition via 3rd party reporting system
- Receive indications showing where the fault condition physically is [using CFM] thus reducing fault identification / trouble shooting costs
- Faster fault identifications which normally equals a faster fix reducing the amount of engineering resource needed and any penalties for failing to meet an SLA, thus saving money
- In-Service Monitoring
- Service Level Agreements
- NetTESTER Embedded Ethernet Testers
Using Metrodata's NetTESTER Ethernet Tester you will be able to:
- Identify that you have a fault by receiving an alert, thus saving time and money
- Identify which part of the network the fault is in, so you can call the right person immediately again saving time and money
- Identify exactly where that fault is physically located (if OTDR is used) reducing the mean time to repair
- On Demand Network Testing
- OTDR Testing
A comprehensive set of tools for Network Performance Assurance, performing both 'out-of-service' testing and 'in-service' background monitoring of your LAN and WAN connections up to 10Gbps.
By deploying Metrodata's embedded, always-on Test and Monitoring devices, standard test profiles including RFC2544 and/or Y.1564 can be instigated 'on-demand' at any time between any points in the network, with results monitored remotely, in real-time, directly from the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
The need for Ethernet Demarcation Devices is driven from several different places:
- Conversion from one transmission media to another, for example from copper to fibre.
- Demarcation point where responsibly changes for different parts of a single network, for example from service provider to customer.
- Support performance monitoring tools for customers to ensure that SLA's are being achieved by their carriers
Metrodata FCM family of Ethernet Demarcation Devices can satisfy all three of these needs in a single unit at speeds up to 10Gbps
The need for Ethernet Connectivity on an end user device does not always coincide with the ability of your network / carrier network to supply it hence the need for Ethernet "over" solutions.
- Ethernet over serial X.21, V.35 or EIA-530
- Ethernet over E1/T1
- Ethernet over bonded E1/T1
- Ethernet over E3/DS3
- Ethernet over aggregated E3/DS3
- Ethernet over STM1/OC3
The need to get value for money from existing assets drives the need for converting from one media to another and creates many possibilities.
We are excited to announce the launch of Metrodata's newly designed website! Our goal with this new designed website is create a user-friendly browsing experience...
Expanding upon Metrodata's popular range of embedded NetTESTERs, the new NT10G05 offers network testing and monitoring at speeds up to 10Gbps...
We're pleased to announce the full release of our 10Gbps Ethernet Demarcation Device, the FCM10G05, setting a new industry benchmark for advanced functionality at a cost-effective price-point...
Today's business applications make strong demands on Corporate network infrastructure. It's no longer sufficient to know simply the raw throughput of Wide-Area Network circuits between company locations...
Networking The World Since 1989