With fibre being commonplace, in both campus environments and the provision of Carrier data services. Technologies such as Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM and DWDM) are opening up far more bandwidth capability for individual fibres, by using more than one colour of light to increase the capacity of existing fibres. Metrodata has a wide portfolio of fibre conversion products which will help you utilise this fibre.
FC1000 being used to extend an E1 leased line over multimode fibre
Metrodata fibre converters offer conversion to singlemode short haul fibre, singlemode long haul fibre and multimode fibre from:
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 interface - FC1X00 family
- E3/DS-3 G.703 interface - FC3X00 family
- STM-1/OC-3 interface - FC4X00 family
- Multimode/Singlemode Fibre interface - FC2X00 family
- Async RS232 - FIMO family
- EIA 530, V.35, V.36, X.21, Synchronous RS232 - FIMO family
- Ethernet - see Ethernet media converters
- CWDM Multiplexing - MetroWAVE family
- Fibre Multiplexing
Metrodata fibre converters are supplied as standard with either SC or LC connectors operating at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 BiDi, CWDM and DWDM. Other connectors are available on request, e.g. ST, FC. Long distance applications e.g. 120km can also be supported.
Extend both voice (e.g. PBX) and data services (e.g. Router with E1 G.703 interface) over multimode or singlemode fibre.
- FC1000 - E1/T1 G703 over Multimode Fibre
- FC1100 - E1/T1 G703 over Singlemode Short Haul Fibre
- FC1200 - E1/T1 G703 over Singlemode Long Haul Fibre
Alternate product to the Probot 3005
Multiplex E1 over fibre connections:
Extend your E3/DS3 services over extended distances using multimode or singlemode fibre.
- FC3000 - E3/DS3 over Multimode Fibre
- FC3100 - E3/DS3 over Singlemode Short Haul Fibre
- FC3200 - E3/DS3 over Singlemode Long Haul Fibre
Alternate product to the Probot 3007
Multiplex E3/DS3 over fibre connections:
Extend RS232 Asynchronous Data over Fibre at Rates up to 256kbps
Alternate product to the Probot 3008
Extend Synchronous Serial (RS-232, EIA-530, V.35, V.36) Data over Resilient Fibre at up to 8.192Mbps
Alternate product to the Probot 3006 and Probot 3008
Connect your existing 850nm Multimode Device to Singlemode Fibre. N.B. Attenuators may be required to match multimode power levels.
Connect your existing 1300nm Multimode Device to Singlemode Fibre at 155Mbps
- FC2000 - Multimode to Singlemode Short Haul Fibre at 155Mbps
- FC2500 - Multimode to Singlemode Long Haul Fibre at 155Mbps
Connect your existing 1300nm Multimode device to Singlemode Fibre at 622Mbps
Connect your BNC STM1/OC3 G.703 BNC equipment to multimode or singlemode fibre