The Metrodata FC1X00 product family
provides a high performance solution for extending and interconnecting E1 2Mbps G.703/G.704 and T1 1.544Mbps voice and data communication infrastructures using fibre optic cabling.
This is an alternative product for the Probot 3005 E1 Fibre Modem.
E1 / T1 to Fibre Converter
- Low cost voice or data trunk extension or trunk connection over fibre
- T1 ISDN PRI 23B+D data streams transported
- DPNSS, Primary Rate ISDN-30 DASS and ISDN30e QSIG PBX trunk protocols supported
- Unchannelised and Fractional E1 router data also supported
- Payload, voice and data protocols and PBX signalling get passed through transparently
- Must be used in pairs
- E1 or T1 selection via a switch
- BNC or RJ45 E1 connection selection via a switch
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 units in a 1U box
- Alternate product for Probot 3005
- FC1000 - E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over multimode fibre up to 5km
- FC1100 - E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode fibre up to 30km
- FC1200 - E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode fibre up to 70km
- Connecting two PBX systems together using multimode fibre
- PBX to NTE extension over multimode fibre
- Connecting E1/T1 routers together using singlemode fibre
- E1/T1 router to NTE extension over singlemode fibre
- E1/T1 router to satellite modem extension over longhaul singlemode fibre
FC1000 PBX to PBX extension over multimode fibre
This application shows a pair of PBX systems connected over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between two PBXs at either end of a large hotel), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
FC1000 PBX to NTE extension over multimode fibre
This application shows a PBX being remotely connected to an NTE over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC1000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between a PBX and a switch room at either ends of a building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
FC1100 Router to Router extension over singlemode fibre
This application shows a pair of routers connected over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fibre could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fibre).
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an NTE over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC1100 units. This singlemode fibre could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fibre). Similarly T1 routers can also be connected over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC1100 units.
FC1200: E1/T1 Router to sateliite modem extension over long haul singlemode Fibre
This application shows an E1 router being remotely connected to an E1 G.703 satellite modem over a longhaul singlemode fibre using a pair of FC1200 units. This singlemode fibre could be across a city, or between cities (e.g. over a rented fibre).
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, and the cost of fibre falling dramatically, the Metrodata FC1X00 Fibre Converter product range provides an effective solution for the extension of E1 (2.048Mbps) or T1 (1.544Mbps) services.
There are three models in the range:
- FC1000 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over multimode fibre (up to 5km)
- FC1100 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode short haul fibre (up to 30km)
- FC1200 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over singlemode long haul fibre (up to 70km)
Using fibre optics the FC1X00 products extend the operating distance for a E1 2Mbps or T1 1.544Mbps G.703 interface to 5km using low cost multimode fibre, or to either 30km or 70km using singlemode fibre. Despite these quoted maximum operating distances for the FC1X00 products, specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
The FC1X00 products are totally transparent to both payload and protocol and as such will support unframed or framed data such as G.704, ISDN PRI, T1 or E1.
The standard FC1X00 is supplied with SC fibre connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC1X00 G.703 connection is configurable between twin BNC coaxial connectors or a single RJ45. The G.703 interface supports direct connection to equipment such as Routers or PBXs, however a cross-over cable must be used to connect to an NTU.
The FC1X00 has integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC1X00 range can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kitor is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC1X00 units).
The FC1X00 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The FC1X00 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
Line E1/T1 Electrical Interface
|Port||E1 G.703 75 ohm unbalanced|
| E1 G.703 120 ohm balanced|
T1 100 ohm balanced
|Interface||E1 BNC (75 ohm)|
|E1 RJ45 (120 ohm), T1 RJ45 (100 ohm)|
|Bit Rate||2.048Mbps, 1.544Mbps +/- 50ppm|
|Cable Lengths||RG59 = 600m|
|UR202 = 750m|
Multimode Fiber Interface
|Interface||Dual SC Multimode 62.5/125um|
|Tx Power||-14 to -19 dBm|
|Max Rx Power||-14 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-14 to -30 dBm|
|Optical loss budget||-19 - (-30) = 11 dB|
Singlemode Short Haul Fiber Interface
|Interface||Dual SC singlemode 8/125um|
|Tx Power||-8 to -15 dBm|
|Max Rx Power||-8 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-8 to -31 dBm|
|Optical loss budget||-15 - (-31) = 16 dB|
Singlemode Long Haul Fiber Interface
|Interface||Dual SC singlemode 8/125um|
|Tx Power||0 to -5 dBm|
|Max Rx Power||-8 dBm (may need an attenuator when used over short distances)|
|Rx Sensitivity||-8 to -34 dBm|
|Optical loss budget||-5 - (-34) = 29 dB|
Compliance & Approvals
|Temperature||0 - 45 deg C|
|Humidity||0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 KPA|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72 DC, 200 - 100 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250v AC, 50 - 400Hz, 60 - 25mA IEC connector|
|Power Consumption||4.5 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FC1000 Multimode to E1/T1||80-05-910||80-21-910|
|FC1100 Singlemode Shorthaul to E1/T1||80-05-918||80-21-918|
|FC1200 Singlemode Longhaul to E1/T1||80-05-919||80-21-919|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
|MetroRack FC1000 Module||80-15-910||80-15-910|
|MetroRack FC1100 Module||80-15-918||80-15-918|
|MetroRack FC1200 Module||80-15-919||80-15-919|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: MM to SM SH/LH Fibre Mode Converter (100baseF, 155Mbps)
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FC-GigE
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - EMUX
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000
- DC1000: E1 to X.21
- DC1200: E1 G703 to V.35
- DC3000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21
- DC3200: Fractional E1 G.704 to V.35
- WC1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- FC1X00: E1 over Fibre (MM/SMSH/SMLH)
- FM4000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21/V.35 with SNMP Converter
- FM4200: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + X.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- FM4500: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + 4xX.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple E1/T1/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Multiple E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989