Metrodata's products solve connectivity problems in wide area communications networks for Carriers, ISP's, Corporates and Private Network Operators. These products provide the "missing link" that can transform a collection of equipment and services into a viable networking solution.
All products have integral power supplies with a choice of universal AC or -48V DC powered versions. Some products are also available for use with 12V-24V DC power, please contact our sales department for availability.
- Network Performance Assurance
- Managed Ethernet Extension
- Carrier Ethernet Demarcation
- Ethernet Media Converters
- TDM over IP
- Legacy LAN Extension
- Fibre & Copper Tranceivers
- Optical Multiplexer
- Optical Fibre TAPs
- Fibre Converters
- Router WAN Port Converters
- Leased Line Converters
- HSSI & LVDS Converters
- ATM Adaption & Connectivity
- Modular Chassis
- Rack mount Kit
Metrodata offers a comprehensive solution for Network Performance Assurance via the NetTESTER product range, performing both in-service and out-of-service testing of your LAN and WAN connections. Efficient IT is crucial to servicing the many "bandwidth hungry" "mission critical" applications that are used in modern organisations. With any perceived reduction in service levels "always" being blamed on "the Network", it is important that network problems can be isolated and resolved quickly.
Typical questions Network Managers are asked include:
- How often do your carrier WAN services fail to live up to their expectations?
- Are you really getting the SLAs that you are paying for?
- Is our network latency within tolerance for our VoIP services?
The NetTESTER offers full wirespeed test capabilities supporting RFC2544, Y.1564 and a manually configured Basic Test Mode. It allows for the configuration of the expected service SLA parameters and then performs the tests to verify the performance against the SLA.
In addition to the out of service test capabilities, the NetTESTER can provide performance monitoring through the use of TWAMP.
For further product detail click on the links below:
Metrodata offer a comprehensive solution for Ethernet Service Delivery. The MetroCONNECT range of products offers both carrier exchange modular systems as well as standalone customer site equipment. These products enable you to provision Ethernet based services over a wide variety of last mile connection types without the configuration complexity and network partitioning that routers cause. Sophisticated OAM and IP based management allow full network visibility and utilisation right onto the customer site.
Metrodata offer various solutions within the MetroCONNECT Ethernet service delivery family:
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
- MetroCONNECT Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Serial Module
Carrier Ethernet services are evolving to use the following features:
- Management visibility onto the customer site
- VLAN support using 802.1Q, including Q-in-Q stacked VLANs
- Quality of service using 802.1p VLAN prioritisation with traffic policing and shaping
- Service monitoring using 802.3ah EFM and 802.1ag CFM
- SLA performance measurement and verification using Y.1731
- Service installation and provisioning using RFC2544 and Y.1564
Metrodata has a range of Ethernet Access Demarcation products offering this functionality whilst maintaining the lowest possible unit cost:
Metrodata offer a range of products which provide a plug and play solution to Ethernet media conversion problems. For example, these products enable you to connect local area networks (LANs) together over a fibre, or interconnect LAN devices using fibre.
Metrodata offer various solutions with their Ethernet media converter family:
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Click for more information regarding our Ethernet Media Converters.
Metrodata offer a range of products which are useful for LAN extension purposes. These products enable you to connect local area networks (LANs) together over a wide area network (WAN) without the need for expensive and complex routers. An example application would be to connect a remote office network to the head quarters over a Telecoms leased line service.
Metrodata offer various solutions with their LAN extender family:
- MetroCONNECT WC1000: Entry level unmanaged Ethernet to E1 or T1 'Plug & Play' Extender
- MetroCONNECT WC-Serial : Unmanaged Fast Ethernet to Serial 'Plug & Play' Extender
- The LH1000 offers Ethernet extension over a variety of serial interfaces including HSSI, EIA530, X.21, V.35 and RS-232, e.g. as may be found on satellite modems
- The LV2000 offers Ethernet extension over LVDS (EIA644) equipment including Cryptos and satellite modems
Click for more information regarding our Ethernet Extenders.
Metrodata offer Fibre & Copper Transceivers for a wide variety of applications:
- IP Networks (e.g. Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and 10Gbps Ethernet)
- Storage Area Networks (e.g. Fibre Channel at 1G, 2G, 4G, 8G and 10G)
- SDH and Sonet Telecoms infrastructures (e.g. STM-1/OC-3, STM-48/OC-192)
- High capacity CWDM and DWDM networks.
Metrodata offer various solutions for the convergence of multiple services using various different multiplexing technologies:
- Passive CWDM Mux offering simple optical multiplexing of up to 16 separate applications
- 8 Channel Passive DWDM Multiplexer - MetroWAVE-D9
- 16 Channel Passive DWDM Multiplexer - MetroWAVE-D16
- FM4200 converges an E1 drop port plus X.21/V.35 at 64kbps to 1984kbps onto an E1 2M G703 leased lines
- FM4500 converges an E1 drop port plus Quad X.21/V.35 at 64kbps to 1984kbps onto an E1 2M G703 leased lines
- Emux offers a simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre
- MetroLAN1000 offers a sophisticated solution to the convergence of multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment using SDH multiplexing technology
- MetroLAN2000 offers a sophisticated solution to the convergence of multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment using SDH multiplexing technology
- AP Access Processor range offers a sophisticated platform for the convergence of multiple disparate services. ATM technology with its high throughput and low delays is used as a convergence mechanism. Specialist functionality also enables the integration of more complex data sources e.g. encrypted data at exacting non-standard frequencies, as well as the integration and back haul of satellite modems via terrestrial services
Click for more information regarding ourMultiplexers.
MetroWAVE Optical Fibre Muxes are a series of passive CWDM devices which can dramatically simplify your network infrastructure. The use of optical multiplexing technology can turn your complex systems integration problem into a simple fibre plumbing job.
- Passive CWDM Multiplexers - offering simple optical multiplexing of up to 16 separate applications each operating at up to 10G
- Passive DWDM Multiplexers - offering up to 40 channel multiplexing, operating at speeds up to 10G per channel
- EDFA Optical Amplifiers & Dispersion Compensation Devices
- Multiple E1 G.703 connections over Resilient fibre - Emux
- Multiple E1 and Ethernet connections over fibre - MetroLAN1000
- Multiple E1, E3, DS3 and Ethernet connections over fibre - MetroLAN2000
The MetroWAVE-Tap are a product range of Optical Fiber TAPs offering high port density Single mode or multi-mode Optical TAPs, providing non-invasive monitoring for up to 24 duplex (i.e. separate Transmit/Receive channels) optical network connections within a compact 1U sized unit.
Metrodata fibre converters offer a variety of conversions, including leased line emulation, serial fibre conversion, wavelength conversion and mode conversion, and include both fibre optic modems and fibre optic multiplexers. Products are available for use with either multimode or singlemode fibre over both short haul and long haul distances. Typical interfacing requirements include:
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: MM to SM SH/LH Fibre Mode Converter (100baseF, 155Mbps)
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FC-GigE
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - EMUX
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000
All Metrodata fibre converters are supplied as standard with SC connectors operating at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 CWDM. Other connectors are available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
Click for more information regarding our Fibre Converters.
Metrodata's DC range of interface converters offer low-cost, small footprints, reliability and simple plug and forget configuration. They offer interface conversion for Nx64kbps and E1 2Mbps G703 leased line connectivity. They can be used as standalone units or rack-mounted using either two unit 1U or eighteen unit 6U rack mount kits.
Click for more information about Metrodata's Router WAN Port Simple Interface Converters.
Metrodata's managed interface converters offer an effective way of connecting user equipment with X.21, V.35, HSSI, E1 or Ethernet interfaces to high performance leased lines including Nx64kbps, E1, E2, E3, DS3, STM-1, OC-3.
This conversion is performed transparently and so is independent of protocol or router configuration. These products offer comprehensive management functionality which allows the full range of monitoring and configuration control either locally using a terminal, or remotely using SNMP or Telnet either via an IP network or in band.
Click for more information about Metrodata's Router WAN Port Managed Interface Converters.
Metrodata's products allow a variety of different leased line services to be used including Nx64kbps, E1, E2, E3, DS3, STM-1 and OC-3 offering conversion and multiplexing functions to user equipment with X.21, V.35, HSSI, E1 or Ethernet interfaces.
Conversion and multiplexing functions are performed transparently and so are independent of protocol or router configuration.
Products vary in sophistication from simple bit switch configured plug and play devices, to comprehensively configured and managed equipment which offer performance monitoring as well as local and remote management facilities.
Click for more information regarding our leased line converters.
Metrodata's HSSI & LVDS converters offer a variety of conversion and extension functions from standard networking equipment with Ethernet or HSSI interfaces to the latest generation of HSSI and LVDS equipment such as Cryptos or satellite modems including:
- LHM1000: Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
- FM4850: E2 to HSSI Converter
- DC3445: E3/DS3 to HSSI Converter
- FM4900: E3 to HSSI Converter
- FM4950: DS3 to HSSI Converter
- PA1000: Packet Over Sonet
- B2X00: HSSI to EIA530 serial converter
Click for more information regarding our HSSI converters and extenders.
Metrodata’s ATM product range provide Rate, Interface and Media conversion functions for E1, T1, E2, E3, E4, DS3, STM1, OC3 leased line, fibre and copper ATM presentations. The Access processor range also provides a sophisticated multi service convergence function between a wide variety of interface types.
- ATM Switching Converters for Rate and Interface Conversion
- ATM Circuit Emulation Converters for the transport of non-ATM equipment and services across and ATM network
- ATM Network Termination Units for Media Conversion and Service Provision
- AP Access Processor for sophisticated multi service convergence purposes
Click for more information regarding our ATM Adaption & Connectivity products.
The following Rack mount Kits are available for Metrodata's modem style plug and play conversion units:
- 2 unit 1U Rack mount Kit for mounting 2 units side by side in a 19 inch rack
- 18 unit 6U Rack mount Kit for mounting 18 units in a 19 unit rack
- Quad Box whereby 4 individual modem style units are physically packaged within a single 1U 19 inch rack mountable casing, thereby offering both cost savings and enhanced density
PacketLINK is a product range offering TDM over IP providing single and multi-port connectivity solutions for Nx64kbps E1 services across IP networks, including either simple point-to-point links or more complex WAN infrastructures.