LAN Extension over an E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line
The MetroCONNECT WC1000 unmanaged LAN extender product offers a simple entry level 'plug and play' to extend a LAN connection between multiple sites using an E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line. The integrated 4-port LAN switch supports local switching, thereby removing the need for external switches or hubs in smaller LAN installations.
- Basic functionality entry point to the MetroCONNECT E1 Extender family
- Unmanaged LAN extender over E1 leased lines
- Quad port Ethernet switch on subscriber side, with wire speed local switching
- 4 Auto-negotiating subscriber 10/100 BaseT ports, with auto MDI/MDIX switching
- Wire speed filtering of local packets
- Efficient HDLC encapsulation on WAN port
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Card based chassis option available with up to 12 WC1000 units in a 4U shelf
- Must be used in pairs
- Higher specification MetroCONNECT managed LAN extenders are also available
Full wire speed switching and filtering between the 10/100 BaseT LAN ports is supported so that only packets destined for the remote site are forwarded over the E1 2Mbps G.703 leased line.
In most installations the WC1000 requires no configuration, and is therefore truly "plug and play". The subscriber ports perform auto-negotiation and support both 10M and 100M operation in full duplex (FD) or half duplex (HD) modes. Manual selection of 100M FD operation enables connection to fixed router ports. Cabling issues are minimised through the use of automatic MDI/MDIX selection on these ports.
The highly efficient HDLC encapsulation of packets ensures that maximum throughput is achieved on the WAN link. Internal packet buffering enables each WC1000 to smooth out bursty traffic without packet loss.
The WC1000 supports a maximum packet size (MTU) of 1536 bytes which is sufficient to transport double VLAN tagged frames (Q-in-Q).
The WC1000 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroCONNECT managed chassis.
This application shows two LANs connected together using an unframed E1 2M G.703 leased line, such as a BT Megastream-2 circuit. As a plug and play Ethernet switching device the WC1000 is a straight forward and cost effective alternative to the use of routers in small and medium sized networks.
|No. of Ports||4|
|Presentation||10/100 Base TX, RJ45, Auto-MDI/MDI-X|
|LED Support||Link / Activity & Speed|
|Operating Mode||Auto-negotiate for 10/100, Full or Half Duplex|
|Port Filtering Rate||148810 packets/second|
|Port Switching Rate||148810 packets/second|
|Switch Mode||Any to any|
|MAC Address Table||4096 entries|
|Packet Size||64 bytes minimum|
|1536 bytes maximum (older versions support 1522 bytes maximum for auto negotiation mode and 1536 bytes for fixed 100M FD mode)|
WAN Port Specs
|Presentation||BNC (75ohm), RJ45 (120ohm)|
|Max Packet Rate||4064|
|LEDs||Tx/Rx Packet, Alarm|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H mm
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Desktop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Temp||0 - 50 deg C|
|Humidity||95% RH, non-condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 KPA|
|AC Mains||100-250VAC, 50-60Hz, 60-24mA IEC Connector|
|-48VDC||-40 to -72VDC, 200-100mA|
|AC Mains||DC Power|
|2 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
Networking The World