10Mb/100Mb Ethernet Converter to Serial: X.21, V.35. EIA-530
- LAN extension over Serial WAN services at up to 20Mbps
- Dual RJ45 ports offering local Switched Ethernet connections up to 100Mbps
- Flexible Serial connection using 'Cisco-compatible' cables, offering X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 'plug and play' connection with no additional configuration necessary.
- Fully transparent to regular Ethernet traffic, with or without assigned VLAN tagging,and to all higher-level protocols including IP
- Link Loss Forwarding
- Integral auto-sensing AC (110V-250V) or -48VDC PSUs
- 12V & 24V PSUs also available on request
- Optional rack-mounting kit available
WC-Serial units performing Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion
This application shows how a pair of WC-Serial units can be used to offer Ethernet service demarcation and LAN Extension functionality over a Serial circuit.
The WC-Serial is a member of the MetroCONNECT family, offering LAN extension over Serial services. Support is offered for fractional (including Nx 64Kbps) X.21,V.35 and EIA-530 services up to 20Mbps. The WC-Serial supports auto negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X cross-over switching on two RJ45 LAN interfaces.
Link Loss Forwarding is supported, whereby faults on the uplink port will automatically force a link down on the user ports to indicate to the attached devices that there is a link problem.
The WC-Serial is completely 'plug-and-play' in operation, with no con guration necessary. The multi-standard Serial connector automatically adapts to whichever Serial standard (X.21,V.35 or EIA-530) is required, based purely on the interface cable type being used, selected typically from the Cisco ‘CAB-XXX-MT’ range for NTU connection. Such interface cables are readily available at low cost, and present standard interface connectors for each Serial interface type.
The WC-Serial is a high-quality device, featuring a robust metal casing and fully internal Power Supplies, connected via standard ‘IEC’ mains cables or high-quality locking DC connectors, as appropriate.The product can be used stand-alone, or shelf mounted (the product has non-slip rubber feet), or can optionally be rack-mounted using the RMK2R 1U, 19" rack-mount bracket.
The WC-Serial is available in a choice of 100-250 VAC, -48 VDC or 12v/24v integrated power supplies.
The WC-Serial is part of a wide range of LAN extension products from Metrodata.
WAN Port Specs
|Interface||Cisco compatible Serial|
|Presentation||60 way Female D Type|
|Line Rate||20Mbps (max)|
|Cabling examples|| Use CABX21-MT for connection to X.21 NTU |
Use CABV35-MT for connection to V.35 NTU
10/100BaseT Fast Ethernet Electrical Interface
|Port||10/100BaseT with auto-negotiation|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|EMC||EMC EN55032, EN55024|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 70 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 125 - 65 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 60Hz, 60 - 25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information please contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroCONNECT Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Serial Module
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989