- SFP Fibre Transceivers
- MetroWAVE Fibre & Copper Transceivers
- Manual V8.51
- Manual v8.38
- Manual v8.23
Gigabit Ethernet Converter to SDH STM1 or Sonet OC3
- LAN extension over STM1 (SDH) or OC3 (Sonet) WAN services
- Two RJ45 plus one SFP flexible media port, offering local Switched Ethernet connections up to 1Gbps, with Ethernet Jumbo Frame Support (10k byte)
- Ethernet EoSDH encapsulation to VC4 or NxVC3, with support for single or dual-redundant WAN links
- Fully manageable via Serial Terminal (user-friendly context-sensitive menu system), Telnet/SSH, SNMP and Web Browser. TACACS+ for secure Management authentication
- Carrier Ethernet OAM protocol support, for Connectivity Management
- 802.1q VLAN support with prioritisation based on 802.1p and/or DSCP markers
- Bandwidth control per Ethernet Port and Priority queue (also for Broadcast traffic), enabling differentiated traffic QoS
- RSTP Support
- Flexible Ethernet encapsulation schemes, including support for GFP standard for inter-operability
- LED status indicators
- Alarm Extension Relay
- Robust metal casing, made in the UK to high quality standards
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions)
- 12V & 24V DC PSU variants also available on request
- Easy to install & maintain
- Optional rack-mounting kit available
MetroCONNECT supporting Multiple Ethernet Demarcation LAN Extension Devices
This application shows an MC12000 MetroCONNECT chassis with WCC5200 modules, supporting multiple WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet converters to STM-1/OC-3 devices. The MetroCONNECT and WCM5100 together offer Ethernet Extension and Ethernet demarcation, with remote management via 802.3ah OAM. Various service delivery options are available including fibre, copper, and fibre plus copper over an STM-1 or OC-3 circuit. Comprehensive remote network management access is available via the MetroCONNECT including end to end remote management using 802.3ah OAM. 10M, 100M and Gigabit Ethernet applications can all be supported, as can Jumbo frames.
WCM5100 delivering Ethernet services from an MPLS core network
This application shows an WCM5100 unit being used as the Ethernet demarcation device to deliver a Carrier Ethernet service from an MPLS core network. A wide choice of Ethernet connectivity is available for the user via the 10/100/1000baseT and SFP fibre ports. OAM support means that the WCM5100 can be remotely managed by the central network management system using standards based OAM packets. GFP is supported allowing single ended use with aggregation platforms in the core network.
WCM5100 units performing Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion
This application shows how a pair of WCM5100 units can be used to offer Ethernet service demarcation and Ethernet Extension functionality either over an STM-1 or OC-3 circuit.
The WCM5100 is a member of the MetroCONNECT family, offering Managed LAN extension over STM1 (SDH) or OC3 (Sonet) Wide Area Networks.The WCM5100 supports two RJ45 LAN interfaces. A further LAN interface is provided via an SFP port, offering the flexibility of an RJ45 or a wide variety of fibre interface options. Over-sized Ethernet frames, of up to 2048 bytes, are supported.
Ethernet VLANs are supported, either by pass-through of existing Tags or by the Push and Pop of Tags on ingress and egress at Ethernet ports. Pre-embedded prioritisation schemes can be honoured, or alternatively prioritisation can be over-written under Management control. Bandwidth limitation per port and per prioritisation can be implemented, providing a mechanism for differentiated QoS for multiple services. Management is offered via each of; Serial Terminal connection,Telnet, SNMP or Web Browser application. Management security is offered via SSH and TACACS+ authentication. Support is also offered for ‘Carrier Ethernet’ Link OAM Management (IEEE802.3ah), enabling status information to be shared with connected equipment if required.
In line with all other members of the MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery family, the WCM5100 supports Metrodata’s ‘zero-touch’ installation process, eliminating the need for skilled resources for remote-site installations.
Ethernet traffic is encapsulated by the WCM5100, for transmission over the WAN link, using a number of optional schema, including support for the ITU-T G.7041 standard ‘Generic Framing Procedure’ (GFP).The product can be used for both simple Point-to-Point networks, using two WCM5100 products linked via either terrestrial or wireless (e.g. microwave) WAN services, or as part of a Point-to-MultiPoint topology, using the MetroCONNECT MC12000 Ethernet Service Delivery Chassis, or third- party aggregation platforms.
The WCM5100 is available in a choice of 100-250 VAC or -48 VDC integrated power supplies.
The WCM5100 is part of a wide range of LAN extension products from Metrodata.
WAN Port Specs
|Port||SDH STM-1 or Sonet OC-3|
|Interface||Dual SFP connectors each with dual LC connectors|
|Framing||STM-1 or OC-3|
|Bit Rate||155.52Mbps +/- 15 ppm|
SFP 155Mbps Multimode
|TX Power||-22.5 to -14dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-14dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-31 to -14dBm|
|Optical loss budget||8.5dB (2km)|
SFP 155Mbps Singlemode
|TX Power||-15 to -8dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-8dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-28 to -8dBm|
|Optical loss budget||13dB (10km)|
1000Base-X Fibre Interface
|Interface||Dual LC connectors|
SFP 1000Base SX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||0dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-17 to 0dBm|
|Optical loss budget||7.5dB (550m)|
SFP 1000Base LX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-3dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-19 to -3dBm|
|Optical loss budget||9.5dB (10km)|
10/100/1000BaseT Electrical Interface
|Port||2x 10/100/1000BaseT with auto-negotiation and Jumbo frame support|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, 1000M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 125 - 65 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 60Hz, 60 - 25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information please contact our sales team with your requirements.
|Commonly used SFP transceivers||Order Code||Description|
|1000baseT Gigabit Ethernet||80-31-001|| Copper Interface |
|1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm||80-31-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-31-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 9.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-31-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 18dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm||80-30-021|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 8.5dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 13dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-30-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-30-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 29dB
Other SFPs are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroCONNECT Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Serial Module
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989