E1 G703 - X21 Interface Converter
DC1000 as an E1 G703 to 2Mbps X21 converter
- Cost Effective E1 to X21 interface conversion
- X21 DCE port for router connection
- E1 2Mbps G703 port for leased line connection
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Quad option available with 4 DC1000 units in a 1U box
- Can also be used in reverse connecting an E1 device such as a PBX to an X21 service
- Can also be used to connect E1 devices to EIA530 satellite modems
- X21 router to E1 2Mbps G703 leased line conversion
- Connecting pairs of X21 routers over an E1 2Mbps G703 leased line
- E1 G703 router to 2Mbps X21 leased line conversion
- Connecting pairs of E1 G703 routers over a 2Mbps X21 leased line
- PBX PRI to X21 2Mbps leased line conversion
- Connecting pairs of PBXs over a 2Mbps X21 leased line
- Connecting E1 G703 routers to EIA530 satellite modems
This application shows a DC1000 connecting an X21 router card to an unframed E1 G703 2Mbps leased line, such as a BT Megastream-2 service. X21 serial ports are often the most cost effective WAN port available on routers. Most Telecom carriers provision E1 2Mbps services with G703 connectivity. Care must be taken to ensure that the remote equipment is configured in a compatible manner (i.e. unframed).
This application shows a pair of DC1000 units connecting a pair of X21 routers via an unframed E1 G703 2Mbps leased line, such as a BT Megastream-2 service. X21 serial ports are often the most cost effective WAN port available on routers. Most Telecom carriers provision E1 2Mbps services with G703 connectivity.
This application shows a DC1000 connecting an E1 G703 router card to an X21 2Mbps leased line, such as a BT Megastream-2 service. Care must be taken to ensure that the remote equipment is configured in a compatible manner (i.e. either X21 or E1 G703 unframed). This application requires an X21 DCE to X21 DCE crossover cable.
This application shows a pair of DC1000 units connecting a pair of E1 G703 routers via an X21 2Mbps leased line, such as a BT Megastream-2 service. This application requires the use of X21 DCE to X21 DCE crossover cables.
This applications show a DC1000 being used to connect a PBX PRI port to a 2Mbps X21 leased line, for when either an existing X21 leased line is available for re-use or alternatively when X21 connectivity has been provided rather than G703 (e.g. for economic reasons). This application requires an X21 DCE to X21 DCE crossover cable.
This applications shows how a pair of PBX systems can be connected together via a 2Mbps leased line using a pair of DC1000 units. This would occur either when an existing X21 leased line is available for re-use, or alternatively when an X21 connectivity has been provided rather than G703 (e.g. for economic reasons). This application requires the use of X21 DCE to X21 DCE crossover cables.
This application shows a DC1000 connecting an E1 G703 router card to an EIA530 satellite modem. The DC1000 supports a number of different clocking modes, and so it is possible to source the clocking for this network from the satellite modems, from one of the terrestrial circuits or from a DC1000 or router. This application requires a satellite link operating at 2Mbps and an X21 DCE to EIA530 DCE crossover cable.
The DC1000 offers conversion between an X21 serial interface and an E1 line interface with BNC or RJ45 connector options.
The DC1000 has a simple multi-function status LED and BIT switch configuration with comprehensive configuration and diagnostic information on the unit base label making the DC1000 a truly plug and play device.
It is possible to connect the DC1000 to EI530 equipment using a converter cable.
The DC1000 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The DC1000 unit is for an unframed (clear channel) 2Mbps E1 G703 circuit. If you have a framed (fractional) E1 G704 circuit, i.e. Nx64kbps, or require framing, a DC3000 (unmanaged) or FM4000 (managed)is required. Many carrier services provide a framed or fractional E1 link, please double check with your provider to ensure that you are using a clear channel 2Mbps E1 G703 leased line service with this product.
Line E1 Interface
|Port||G703, 75 ohm unbalanced, 120 ohm balanced|
|Interface||BNC (75ohm), RJ45 (120ohm)|
|Bit Rate||2.048Mbps +/- 50pps|
|Barrier||Fully compliant as per EN41003|
|Cable Lengths||RG59 = 600m, UR202 = 750m|
|Interface||15-way female D-type|
|Clocks||Internal, E1 Loop, Terminal, DTE mode|
|Set by dip switches|
Compliance & Approvals
Integral Power Supply
|AC Mains||100 - 250 VAC, 50 - 400Hz, 30 - 12 mA, IEC Connector|
|-48VDC Supply||-40 to -72 VDC, 115 - 45 mA|
|Power Consumption||3.5 watts approx when operating|
|Temp||0 - 50 deg C|
|Humidity||95% RH, non-condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions (W x D x H mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Desktop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -40 VDC|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
|MetroRack DC1X00 Module||80-15-210||80-15-210|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
- DC1000: E1 to X.21
- DC1200: E1 G703 to V.35
- DC3000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21
- DC3200: Fractional E1 G.704 to V.35
- WC1000: Ethernet over E1 G.703
- FC1X00: E1 over Fibre (MM/SMSH/SMLH)
- FM4000: Fractional E1 G.704 to X.21/V.35 with SNMP Converter
- FM4200: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + X.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- FM4500: Fractional E1 G.704 to E1 + 4xX.21/V.35 with SNMP Multiplexer
- Emux: Multiple E1 over Fibre Multiplexer
- Multiple E1/T1/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
- MetroLAN2000: Multiple E1/T1/E3/DS3/Ethernet Fibre Multiplexer
Networking The World Since 1989