FC3X00: E3/DS3 Fiber Extender Family
- Low cost E3/DS3 fibre extender
- Payload and protocol transparent
- Must be used in pairs
- E3 or DS3 selection via a switch
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 units in a 1U box
- Alternate product for Probot 3007
- FC3000 - multimode fibre up to 5km
- FC3100 - singlemode fibre up to 30km
- FC3200 - singlemode fibre up to 70km
- Connecting two Video systems together using multimode fibre
- Video to NTE extension over multimode fibre
- Connecting E3 routers together using singlemode fibre
- DS3 router to NTE extension over singlemode fibre
This application shows a pair of video systems connected over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC3000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between two video systems at either end of a large hotel), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows a Video system being remotely connected to an NTE over a multimode fibre using a pair of FC3000 units. This multimode fibre could be within a building (e.g. between a video system and a switch room at either ends of a building), or across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University).
This application shows a pair of E3 routers connected over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC3100 units. This singlemode fibre could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fibre).
This application shows a DS3 router being remotely connected to an NTE over a singlemode fibre using a pair of FC3100 units. This singlemode fibre could be between buildings (e.g. across a business park), or across a city (e.g. over a rented fibre).
This application shows a DS3 router being remotely connected to a DS3 G.703 satellite modem over a longhaul singlemode fibre using a pair of FC3200 units. This singlemode fibre could be across a city, or between cities (e.g. over a rented fibre).
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, and the cost of fibre falling dramatically, the Metrodata FC3X00 fibre Converter product range provides a cost effective solution for the extension of E3 (34Mbps) and DS3 (45Mbps) services.
There are three models in the range:
- FC3000 E3/DS3 to multimode fibre (up to 5km)
- FC3100 E3/DS3 to singlemode short haul fibre (up to 30km)
- FC3200 E3/DS3 to singlemode long haul fibre (up to 70km)
Using fibre optics the FC3X00 products extend the operating distance for E3 34Mbps G.703 and DS3 45Mbps G.703 interfaces whether on a router, video system or similar equipment over multimode or singlemode fibre. The FC3X00 products are totally transparent to both payload and protocol and as such will support unframed or framed data.
The maximum operating distance of the FC3X00 is 5km over multimode fibre, or 70km over singlemode fibre, although specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
The standard FC3X00 is supplied with SC fibre connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC3X00 G.703 connection has twin BNC coaxial connectors supporting direct connection to equipment such as Routers, Video systems or an NTU.
The FC3X00 has integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC3X00 range can easily be rack mounted in either a 1U two unit rack mount kit , a 6U eighteen unit rack mount kit or is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC3X00 units).
The FC3X00 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The FC3X00 is part of a range of range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
Single Mode Short Haul Line Interface
|Interface||Dual SC single mode 8/125 um|
|Tx Power||-8 dBm to -15 dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-8 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-8 to -31 dBm|
|Optical Loss Budget||-15 - (-31) = 16 dB|
Single Mode Long Haul Line Interface
|Interface||Dual SC single mode 8/125 um|
|Tx Power||0 dBm to -5 dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-8 dBm (may need attenuator)|
|Rx Sensitivity||-8 to -34 dBm|
|Optical Loss Budget||-5 - (-34) = 29 dB|
Multi Mode fibre Interface
|Interface||Dual SC multi mode 62.5/125 um|
|Tx Power||-14 to -19 dBm|
|Max Rx Input Power||-14 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity||-14 to -30 dBm|
|Optical Loss Budget||-19 - (-30) = 11 dB|
Line E3/DS3 Electrical Interface
|Port||G.703, 75 ohm unbalanced|
|Line Coding||E3: HDB3, DS3: B3ZS|
|E3 Bit Rate||34.368 Mbps +/- 20 ppm|
|DS-3 Bit Rate||44.736 Mbps +/- 20 ppm|
|Barrier||Fully compliant as per EN41003|
Compliance & Approvals
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC Supply||-40 to -72 VDC, 200 - 100 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 60 - 25 mA, IEC Connector|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Temp||0 - 50 deg C|
|Humidity||0 - 95% RH, non-condensing|
|Pressure||86 - 106 KPA|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions ( W x D x H m )
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FC3000 Multimode to E3/DS-3||80-05-920||80-21-920|
|FC3100 Singlemode Shorthaul to E3/DS-3||80-05-921||80-21-921|
|FC3200 Singlemode Longhaul to E3/DS-3||80-05-922||80-21-922|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-255||80-05-250|
|MetroRack FC3000 Module||80-15-920||80-15-920|
|MetroRack FC3100 Module||80-15-921||80-15-921|
|MetroRack FC3200 Module||80-15-922||80-15-922|
E3/DS3 Fibre Extenders
- FC3000: E3/DS3 over Multimode Fibre Converter
- FC3100: E3/DS3 over Singlemode Short Haul Fibre Converter
- FC3200: E3/DS3 over Singlemode Long Haul Fibre Converter
- E1/T1 G703 BNC/RJ45 equipment, e.g. routers or PBXs - FC1X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 155Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC2X00: MM to SM SH/LH Fibre Mode Converter (100baseF, 155Mbps)
- E3/DS3 G.703 equipment, e.g. routers or broadcast video equipment - FC3X00
- STM-1/OC-3 BNC G703 equipment, e.g. core switches - FC4X00
- Multimode Fibre interfaces at 622Mbit/s, e.g. routers - FC6X00
- RS232, e.g. terminals - FIMO232
- V.35, V.36, X.21, e.g. routers or video conferencing equipment - FIMO2100
- 1000BaseSX to 1000BaseLX Gigabit Ethernet Converter - FC-GigE
- Simple method of delivering 4, 8 or 16 E1 services over redundant fibre - EMUX
- Multiple Ethernet, E1 and T1 equipment - MetroLAN1000
- Multiple Ethernet, E1, T1, E3 and DS3 equipment - MetroLAN2000
- DC3445: E3/DS3 to HSSI converter
- FC3X00: E3/DS3 over Fibre Extender
- WC3445: Ethernet over E3/DS3 Converter
- FM4900: E3 to HSSI converter with SNMP
Networking The World Since 1989