Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter
The FCM5000 is a fully transparent managed Gigabit Ethernet media converter, which also provides entry-level Carrier Ethernet Demarcation for Service Providers.
Gigabit Ethernet over Fibre Media Converter
- 10/100/1000BaseT RJ45 and SFP ports supporting flexible Fibre or Copper (via tri-rate RJ45 SFP)
- Up to 1Gbps Ethernet Media conversion
- 802.1q VLAN support (including Q-in-Q), 802.1p prioritisation & service bandwidth limitation
- Ethernet Jumbo Frame Support (up to 10kbyte)
- Link loss alarm forwarding
- Management via Local Terminal, Telnet/SSH, Web Browser & SNMP
- 'Dying Gasp' power-down alarning via SNMP 'Trap'
- Compact unit with robust metal housing and integral power supply
- Auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions). 12-24V DC on request
- Optional 1U rack-mounting kit
The FCM5000 can be deployed as a fully transparent and yet powerful and versatile Managed Ethernet Media Converter, whilst also offering entry-level copper and fibre demarcation for Carrier Ethernet Service Providers, enabling operational cost reductions via visibility and control of customer connections and services.
Comprehensive Management options are supported. In-band remote management can be implemented via the definition of a specific VLAN for this purpose, and includes port-based connection control, status and throughput monitoring, traffic prioritisation and/or bandwidth limitation and VLAN push/pop/forwarding control.
Supporting a wide range of fibre connectivity options via flexible 'SFP' pluggable transceivers, the FCM5000 ethernet media converter also supports Tri-rate RJ45 Ethernet transceivers for flexible 10/100/1000Mbps connectivity.
Should the FCM5000 Ethernet media converter suffer a loss of power then a Dying Gasp SNMP Trap alarm provides immediate notification of the reason for service loss.
The FCM5000 has fully internal power supplies (i.e. no external power 'brick' is required), and is available for either auto-sensing 110V-250V AC or -48V DC operation.
The FCM5000 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
This application shows a pair of Gigabit Ethernet LAN switches connected over a fibre link using a pair of FCM5000 units providing media conversion. This fibre could be within a building (e.g. between two servers on different floors of a large building), across a campus (e.g. between two departmental buildings of a University) or across a city (e.g. over rented fibre). The FCM5000 can easily be configured for various fibre types by using one of our SFP Fibre or Copper Transceivers.
- 1 port 10/100/1000BaseT
- 1 port 100BaseFX/1000BaseX (SFP), including support for Tri-rate RJ45 SGMII SFPs
- 4096 VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q customer-tagged) & stacked VLANs (Q-in-Q service provider-tagged)
- Tag management (push/pop) for C-Tag
- Service classification based on 802.1p or “inherited” DSCP QOS definitions
- Local port (RJ45) which can be disabled
- Local LAN port (RJ45) using CLI, SNMP & Web GUI interfaces
- Maintains in-band VLAN & MAC-based management tunnels
- Telnet, SSH (v2), TACACS+, SNMP, Web Browser
- Configuration database backup & restore
- System software upgrade via TFTP
Alarms & Resilience
- SNMP Trap notification of media converter status including service availability, LAN disconnect warning & other error condition warnings
- Dying Gasp SNMP Trap in response to power loss
Regulatory & Standards Compliance
- IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN), 802.1p (Priority, 4 queues)
- Safety EN60950
- EMC EN55032, EN55024
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 1U half width, 202 x 132 x 44mm
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Storage temperature: -40 to +70°C
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Redundant Dual AC Fail-over PSU version available
- AC PSU: 100-250V AC
- DC PSU: -40 to -72V DC (12-24V DC optional)
- Maximum power consumption: 10 Watts
|Product||AC Mains||DC Power|
|FCM5000 (no SFP)||80-70-937||80-71-937|
|2 Unit Rackmount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
|Commonly used SFP transceivers||Order Code||Description|
|10Gbps Multimode 550m 300nm||80-38-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 5.1dB
|10Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-38-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 6.3dB
|1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm||80-31-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-31-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 12dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 24dB
|100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm||80-30-021|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 12dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 17dB
Need to add more SFP's to your quote?
To see more of Metrodata's SFP offering of Fibre Transceivers, click here.
Many other transceivers are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM, DWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFP and SFP+ transceivers, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another transceiver please contact our sales team with your requirements.
Networking The World