Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter
- 10/100/1000BaseT RJ45 and SFP ports supporting flexible Fibre or Copper (via tri-rate RJ45 SFP)
- Up to 1Gbps Ethernet Media conversion
- 802.1q VLAN support (including Q-in-Q), 802.1p prioritisation & service bandwidth limitation
- Ethernet Jumbo Frame Support (up to 10kbyte)
- Link loss alarm forwarding
- Management via Local Terminal, Telnet/SSH, Web Browser & SNMP
- 'Dying Gasp' power-down alarning via SNMP 'Trap'
- Compact unit with robust metal housing and integral power supply
- Auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions). 12-24V DC on request
- Optional 1U rack-mounting kit
- Unmanaged Ethernet Media Converter FC5000 variant
The FCM5000 can be deployed as a fully transparent and yet powerful and versatile Managed Ethernet Media Converter, whilst also offering entry-level copper and fibre demarcation for Carrier Ethernet Service Providers, enabling operational cost reductions via visibility and control of customer connections and services.
FCM5000 Gigabit Ethernet switch extension over fibre
Comprehensive Management options are supported. In-band remote management can be implemented via definition of a specific VLAN for this purpose, and includes port-based connection control, status and throughput monitoring, traffic prioritisation and/or bandwidth limitation and VLAN push/pop/forwarding control.
In-band remote management can be implemented via a definition of a specific VLAN for this purpose, and includes port-based connection control, status and throughput monitoring, traffic prioritisation and/or bandwidth limitation and VLAN push/pop/forwarding control.
Supporting a wide range of fibre connectivity options via flexible 'SFP' pluggable transceivers, the FCM5000 ethernet media converter also supports Tri-rate RJ45 Ethernet transceivers for flexible 10/100/1000Mbps connectivity.
Should the FCM5000 ethernet media converter suffer a loss of power then a Dying Gasp SNMP Trap alarm provides immediate notification of the reason for service loss.
The FCM5000 has fully internal power supplies (i.e. no external power 'brick' is required), and is available for either auto-sensing 110V-250V AC or -48V DC operation.
The FCM5000 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
- 1 ports 10/100/1000BaseT
- 1 port 100BaseFX/1000BaseX (SFP), via SGMII including support for Tri-rate RJ45 SFPs
- 4096 VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q customer-tagged) & stacked VLANs (Q-in-Q service provider-tagged)
- Tag management (push/pop) for c-tag
- Service classification based on 802.1p or “inherited” DSCP QOS definitions
- Local port (RJ45) which can be disabled
- Local LAN port (RJ45) using CLI, SNMP & Web GUI interfaces
- Maintains in-band VLAN & MAC-based management tunnels
- Telnet, SSH (v2), TACACS+, SNMP, Web Browser
- Configuration database backup & restore
- System software upgrade via TFTP
Alarms & Resilience
- SNMP Trap notification of media converter status including service availability, LAN disconnect warning & other error condition warnings
- Dying Gasp SNMP Trap in response to power loss
Regulatory & Standards Compliance
- IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN), 802.1p (Priority, 4 queues)
- Safety EN60950
- EMC EN55032, EN55024
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 1U half width, 202 x 132 x 44mm
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Storage temperature: -40 to +70°C
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Redundant Dual AC Fail-over PSU version available
- AC PSU: 100-250V AC
- DC PSU: -40 to -72V DC (12-24V DC optional)
- Maximum power consumption: 10 Watts
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250V AC||DC Power: -40 to -72V DC|
|FCM5000 (no SFP)||80-70-937||80-71-937|
|18 Unit Rack mount Kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Whilst the FCM5000 Ethernet Media Converter uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989