FCM10G05 10Gb Ethernet Demarcation Device
- Managed Ethernet Demarcation Device for Ethernet Services
- Up to 10Gbps with SFP+ Fibre LAN and Network Ports
- 802.3ah & 802.1ag OAM service connectivity fault management (EFM, CFM)
- Unique MetroSAM (Service Assurance Module) hardware for wirespeed SLA measurement & verification
- Integrated RFC2544 and Y.1564 service activation testing, test traffic generation, loopback and reporting, for both Layer-2 (Ethernet MAC) and Layer-3 (IP) traffic
- Y.1731 and TWAMP (controller/sender and reflector) support for in-service L-2 (Ethernet) and L-3 (IP) traffic monitoring and alarming Latency, Jitter and Packet-Loss performance
- Customer VLAN and Q-in-Q support for service differentiation
- Zero Touch Provisioning fully automated discovery, installation and testing process
- Traffic prioritisation & Rate Limiting, with Policing and Colour Marking
- Link Loss Forwarding, L2CP tunnelling and Jumbo Frame Support (10kb)
- Compact unit with robust metal housing and integral power supply
- Auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -48V DC versions)
- Dual Redundant / Mixed Power Supply option
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
Core to Edge Networks
The FCM10G05 can be deployed wherever managed service ethernet demarcation is required at the customer site. The FCM10G05 supports standards compliant OAM functions, test traffic generation and wire speed loop-back with layer-2 and layer-3 address swapping, so that end-to-end service performance measurements can be initiated from within or across the core network. A number of physical connections are offered for both user and network ports including both copper and fibre (SFP) ports.
Site to Site & Meshed Networks
The FCM10G05 can be used for service ethernet demarcation for a wide variety of Carrier Ethernet services, including E-Line, E-Tree and E-LAN. Multiple traffic types and flows can be supported, with VLANs configurable for service separation and prioritisation used to ensure that mixed traffic flows are handled appropriately. Support for multi-level tag processing also eases core network configuration issues. The sophisticatedperformance measurement functions offered by the MetroSAM service assurance management hardware means that full service level parameterisation can be performed on installation and SLA verification and reporting offered to the customer.
Wholesale Infrastructure & Multi-Carrier Deployments
The majority of Ethernet Service Providers today are in fact 'Aggregators', offering end-to-end connections supplied on a wholesale basis, potentially sourced from a number of different Infrastructure Carriers. Whilst those Carriers may offer discrete Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for their portions of the network, the Aggregator must assure their service from end-to-end, right into the customer premises. In these deployments the FCM10G05 is flexible enough to offer true Service Level Agreement network performance measurements which will include the entire multiple Carrier infrastructure, even if the third party service specifically filters out OAM packets.
Utilising Zero Touch Provisioning, the FCM9005 minimises both on-site installation time and the Engineering skills required making the whole process 'Plug & Play'.
The FCM10G05 has sophisticated and flexible Layer 2 Control Protocol policy management supporting either the filtering or pass-through of a wide variety of packet types including vendor proprietary L2CP frames. The FCM10G05 supports auto MDI/MDIX cross-over switching on the copper interfaces, auto-negotiation and the transmission of 10k byte Jumbo frames. To ensure quick fault detection, the FCM10G05 supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a network fault can automatically force a link down on the user ports to indicate to the attached devices that there is a link problem.
The FCM10G05, part of the MetroCONNECT family, is a powerful & versatile Ethernet Demarcation Device (EDD), operating at up to 10Gbps. Ethernet Demarcation Devices are deployed by Telecoms Carriers or Ethernet Service Providers, at the point of connection of Customer equipment to Ethernet Wide-Area Network (WAN) services. Ethernet Demarcation Device are used for Service configuration and Management, and also for verifcation of the performance characteristics of WAN services.
Zero Touch Provisioning
The FCM10G05 supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), minimising both on-site installation time and the Engineering skills required. This auto-provisioning process reduces on-site installation to a plug and play exercise, simple enough for the end user to perform themselves, i.e. simply checking that the Ethernet LEDs indicate correct physical connectivity. The Ethernet Demarcation Device auto-discovers its management connection, IP address and TFTP server, then downloads its individual service definition parameters and management system contact details. The Ethernet Demarcation Device then measures the delay of the service to micro-second resolution to prove that the service has been provisioned appropriately for real time applications. The Ethernet Demarcation Device then auto-provisions itself and sends a service availability certificate to the NOC for inclusion into the Service Provider’s provisioning documentation. Subsequent in-service delay verification measurements then continue to check that service levels are being maintained and notify of any drop in performance below a set of programmable thresholds.
ITU-T Y.1564 & RFC-2544 Performance Testing & Benchmarking
The FCM10G05 supports 802.3ah Link OAM (EFM) and 802.1ag Service OAM (CFM) and enables Ethernet service management and monitoring right up to the customer's service delivery point. Advanced wire-speed Layer-2 and Layer-3 SLA verification and monitoring functions combine to deliver 'Performance-Assured Ethernet' Services. Comprehensive ITU-Y.1564 and RFC2544 Service Activation Testing and in-service monitoring are facilitated via our unique 'MetroSAM' Service Assurance Management architecture.
The FCM10G05 has a powerful ITU-T Y.1564 / RFC-2544 performance benchmark testing capability on-board, which can be scripted to match the specific installation procedures of individual Service Providers. Full CIR/CBS/ EIR/EBS testing can be performed on multiple flows simultaneously, with micro-second resolution hardware-based timestamping, for either Layer-2 or Layer-3 traffic, enabling effective utilization for both Switched and IP-Routed network infrastructures.
Network & Fault Management
The FCM10G05 has sophisticated and flexible Layer 2 Control Protocol policy management supporting either the filtering or pass-through of a wide variety of packet types including vendor proprietary L2CP frames. The FCM10G05 supports the transmission of 10k byte Jumbo frames. To ensure quick fault detection, the FCM10G05 supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a network fault can automatically force a link down on the user ports to indicate to the attached devices that there is a link problem.
The FCM10G05 has options for in-band management over the network connection, or out of band via local serial terminal port or LAN Management port. Local and/or remote LAN management access is supported via Telnet or SSH for added security, in combination with a context-sensitive menu interface. Alternatively, management is available via Web Browser. TACACS+ is also supported for centralised authentication control. The FCM10G05 provides support for SNMP, with 'TRAP' alarm generation, including 'Dying Gasp' alerting in the event of power loss.
Please Contact Metrodata for price and availability of SFP+ interface modules.
- 4 ports 10/100/1000BaseT
- 2 port IEEE802.3ae 10GBaseSR, 10GBaseLR, 10GBaseER
- 4096 VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q customer-tagged) & stacked VLANs (Q-in-Q service provider-tagged)
- Push/pop tag management for c-tag &/or s-tag
- IEEE 802.1ad Provider Bridging (s-tag)
- 16 EVCs supported
- Service classification based on 802.1p or “inherited” DSCP QOS definitions
- Per flow policing and colour marking against CIR/CBS/EIR/EBS
Service Level Agreement Measurement and Verification
- Embedded test packet generator and delay analyser accurate to micro-second resolution
- ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC2544 service activation testing methodologies
- Port & service-level loopbacks
In-Service Performance Monitoring
- Delay and delay variation monitoring via ITU-T Y.1731 and TWAMP
- Statistics gathered on a per-port & per-service basis
- DDM support for SFP+ interfaces
Layer 2 Control Protocol policy management
- Per-flow filtering or tunnelling of L2CP and other protocols, e.g. RSTP
- Configuration database backup & restore
- System software upgrade via TFTP
- Local RJ45 serial terminal port, which can be disabled
- RJ45 port for local or remote network access for CLI, Web GUI, Telnet/SSH & SNMP
- TACACS+ for Management user authentication
Alarms & Resilience
- SNMP Trap notification of network connectivity or SLA
- 'Dying Gasp' SNMP Trap in the event of power loss
- 'Dry contact' alarm output
Regulatory & Standards Compliance
- Safety EN60950
- EMC EN55032, EN55024
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 435 x 213 x 44
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Storage temperature: -40 to +70°C
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- AC PSU: 85 to 260V, 50/60Hz
- DC PSU: -48DC (-36V to -72V)
- Maximum power consumption: 30 Watts
- 80-70-951: FCM10G05 AC PSU *
- 80-71-951: FCM10G05 DC PSU *
- 80-74-951: FCM10G05 DUAL AC PSU *
* No SFPs fitted
If you require further information on the FCM10G05 please contact our sales team.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroCONNECT Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Serial Module
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989