The MetroWAVE product range offers a series of passive CWDM and DWDM optical multiplexing functions. DWDM multiplexing is a technique whereby different wavelengths of light are multiplexed together and transported over a singlemode fibre pair, then demultiplexed at the far end back into their original wavelengths.
MetroWAVE: Passive 16 Channel DWDM Multiplexer
- Optical multiplexing of up to 16 separate DWDM applications
- 1550nm CWDM compatible uplink
- Voice, data, telemetry and CCTV can all be supported
- Any port can operate at any speed up to 10G
- Simple fibre 'plug & play' connectivity to converge complex applications
- Wide range of DWDM Transceivers available
- Unpowered passive devices for highest possible reliability
The MetroWAVE product range performs these CWDM and DWDM multiplexing and demultiplexing functions passively, i.e. directly optically without using any optical-electrical-optical conversions or repeater functions. This is now the most economic approach to CWDM and DWDM multiplexing due to the widespread availability of cost effective long range vendor compatible CWDM and DWDM pluggable transceivers. The unpowered, fixed mechanical nature of these MetroWAVE products offers greater robustness and higher levels of reliability than active devices offering similar functionality.
The MetroWAVE-D16 operates in the 100GHz DWDM C-band (ch25-ch40). The combined uplink is a 1550nm CWDM compatible optical signal allowing cascading from a MetroWAVE-9S CWDM mux/demux platform, thereby providing an excellent optional 'expansion' path for that product.
Whilst the MetroWAVE product range is compatible with user exchangeable SFP, SFP+ and XFP devices (along with most other industry standard fibre transceivers), it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
Metrodata can also supply a wide range of vendor compatible fibre transceivers for use in your routing, switching or SAN infrastructure including SFP, SFP+, XFP, X2 and XENPAK including long distance, CWDM and DWDM variants, plus also 40G QSFP+ transceivers.
|Centre Wavelength||ITU 100GHz Grid|
|Centre Wavelength Accuracy||± 0.11nm|
|Channel Passband (@-0.5dB bandwidth)||> 0.25nm|
|Insertion Loss||≤ 4.8dB|
|Link Loss||< 6dB|
|Channel Uniformity||≤ 1.5dB|
|Channel Ripple||≤ 0.3dB|
|Inserton Loss Temperature Sensitivity||< 0.005dB / °C|
|Wavelength Temperature Shifting||< 0.002 nm / °C|
|Polarisation Mode Dispersion||< 0.1|
|Return Loss||> 45dB|
|Maximum Power Handling||300mW|
Dimensions & Capacity
|Dimensions (WxDxH mm)||440 x 340 x 44mm|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 85 °C|
|Operating Temp||-5 to 70 °C|
|Humidity||0-95% RH, non-condensing|
Compliance & Approvals
Whilst Metrodata's fibre product ranges use industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other. For all fibre transceivers including vendor compatible SFP, SFP+, XFP, X2 and XENPAK transceivers, with long distance, CWDM or DWDM specifications then please contact our Sales Team with your requirements.
Optical Fibre TAPs - MetroWAVE
- MetroWAVE-Tap-MM - 24 Port Multi-mode in-line Optical Fiber TAP
- MetroWAVE-Tap-SM - 24 Port Single-mode in-line Optical Fiber TAP
- Passive CWDM Multiplexers - offering simple optical multiplexing of up to 16 separate applications each operating at up to 10G
- Passive DWDM Multiplexers - offering up to 40 channel multiplexing, operating at speeds up to 10G per channel
- EDFA Optical Amplifiers & Dispersion Compensation Devices
- Multiple E1 G.703 connections over Resilient fibre - Emux
- Multiple E1 and Ethernet connections over fibre - MetroLAN1000
- Multiple E1, E3, DS3 and Ethernet connections over fibre - MetroLAN2000
Networking The World Since 1989