The FCM9000 Ethernet Demarcation Device offers a low cost Carrier Ethernet Service delivery unit, offering end to end management using 802.3ah and 802.1ag OAM, delivering 10/100/1000BaseT copper and 100Base/1000Base-X fibre Ethernet services via fibre infrastructures.
Gigabit Copper & Fibre Ethernet NID
The FCM9000 has been superceeded by our main Ethernet Demarcation Device range (also known as Network Interface Devices, or 'NIDs') currently centres on the FCM9003 Ethernet Access Device, and the Advanced FCM9005 Ethernet Demarcation Device products, full details of which can be found under the Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation product menu.
- Up to Gigabit Copper or Fibre Ethernet services delivered via fibre network infrastructure
- 802.3ah, 802.1ag OAM support for service integrity checking
- 802.1q VLAN support (pass-through and tag switching), 802.1p priority queuing
- Link Loss Forwarding, RSTP, Jumbo Frame Support (10kbyte)
- SSH & TACACS+ for secure authentication
- Zero Touch installation facility with advanced IP proxy management option
- Compact unit with robust metal housing and integral power supply
- Auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions), 12-24V DC on request
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
MetroCONNECT supporting Multiple Ethernet Demarcation Devices
This application shows an MC12000 with FCC9000 twin Ethernet modules, supporting multiple FCM9000 Ethernet Demarcation Devices (or EDD's, otherwise known as Network Interface Devices or NID's). The MetroCONNECT and FCM9000 together offer interface conversion and Ethernet demarcation, with remote management via 802.3ah OAM. Various service delivery options are available including fibre to copper, fibre to fibre and resilient fibre to copper. Comprehensive remote network management access is available via the MetroCONNECT including end to end remote management using 802.3ah OAM. 10M, 100M and Gigabit Ethernet applications can all be supported, as can Jumbo frames.
FCM9000 delivering Ethernet services from an MPLS core network
This application shows an FCM9000 unit being used as the Ethernet demarcation device to deliver a Carrier Ethernet service from an MPLS core network. Offering a resilient SFP uplink means that the FCM9000 can support either single or resilient service delivery topologies, service delivery using multimode or singlemode fibre or 1000baseT copper, as well as a variety of wavelengths including 850nm, 1300nm, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional. OAM support means that the FCM9000 can be remotely managed by the central network management system using standards based OAM packets.
FCM9000 units performing Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion
This application shows how a pair of FCM9000 units can be used to offer Ethernet service demarcation and media conversion functionality either over a fibre (or resilient fibre) or a Carrier Ethernet service.
The FCM9000 is a highly manageable Ethernet Demarcation Device (EDD) offering low cost 10/100/1000Base copper & fibre Ethernet demarcation and service delivery via fibre infrastructure. Carrier Ethernet OAM functionality means that customer service levels can be assured.
The FCM9000 supports 802.3ah Link OAM (EFM) and 802.1ag Service OAM Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) which means that the Ethernet service can be managed and monitored right up to the customer delivery point. The development roadmap includes support for IEEE802.3ad with LACP. The Service Provider’s management traffic can be isolated using a dedicated S-Tag or C-Tag defined span VLAN.
In line with all other members of the MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery family, the FCM9000 supports Zero Touch Provisioning, minimising both on-site installation time and the Engineering skills required. Our unique ‘IP proxy over OAM’ functionality reduces on-site installation to a ‘plug and play’ exercise, simply checking that Ethernet link-up LEDs indicate correct physical connectivity. Comprehensive Telnet and/or SNMP remote management is available to the device via an IP proxy process across Layer-2 OAM traffic from an MC12000 Service Delivery chassis or another MetroCONNECT family device at the network centre, with no need for layer-3 (IP) parameters to be assigned locally. If required, individual configuration can be subsequently downloaded via TFTP.
The FCM9000 operates in store and forward mode and supports RSTP and the transmission of 10k byte Jumbo frames. The FCM9000 supports auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDIX cross-over switching on the copper interface.
To ensure quick fault isolation, the FCM9000 supports Link Loss Forwarding, whereby a network fault will automatically force a link down on the user port to indicate to the attached device that there is a link problem.
The FCM9000 is available in a choice of 100-250V AC or -40V DC integrated power supplies, although a 12V-24V DC version is also available on request. 19” rack mounting units are available.
Please contact Metrodata for price and availability of SFP modules including standard 1310nm singlemode as well as long haul, 1550nm, bi-directional and CWDM.
1000Base-X Fibre Interface
|Port||2x IEEE802.3z 1000BaseX|
|Interface||Dual LC connectors|
SFP 1000Base SX
|strong Wavelength||850nm multimode|
|strong TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|strong Max Rx input power||0dBm|
|strong Rx sensitivity||-17 to 0dBm|
|strong Optical loss budget||7.5dB (550m)|
SFP 1000Base LX
|TX Power||-9.5 to -3dBm|
|Max Rx input power||-3dBm|
|Rx sensitivity||-19 to -3dBm|
|Optical loss budget||9.5dB (10km)|
10/100/1000BaseT Electrical Interface
|Port||10/100/1000BaseT with auto-negotiation and Jumbo frame support|
|Interface||RJ45 (Auto Crossover MDI/MDIX)|
|Operating mode||Auto Negotiate, 10M, 100M, 1000M, Full Duplex, Half Duplex|
|LEDs||Link, Activity, Speed|
Compliance & Approvals
|IEC60825-1 Class 1 Laser Eye Safety|
|Temperature||0 - 50 deg C|
|0 - 95% RH, non condensing|
|Storage Temp||-40 to 100 deg C|
|Pressure||86 - 106 kPa|
Power Supply Options
|-48 VDC||-40 to -72V DC, 125 - 65 mA|
|AC Mains||100 - 250V AC, 50 - 60Hz, 60 - 25mA|
|Power Consumption||6 watts approx when operating|
|Type||Modem, 1U high without feet, IP30C|
Dimensions W x D x H (mm)
|Rack mount||202 x 132 x 44 (without feet)|
|Tabletop||202 x 132 x 48 (with feet)|
|Product||AC Mains: 100 - 250 VAC||DC Power: -48 VDC|
|FCM9000 (dual SFP with no SFP fitted)||80-70-933||80-71-933|
|2 unit rack mount kit||80-05-256||80-05-256|
|18 unit rack mount kit||80-05-250||80-05-255|
Product variants with 12V to 24V DC operation are also available on request.
If you require further information on the FCM9000 please contact our sales team with your requirements.
|Commonly used SFP transceivers||Order Code||Description|
|1000baseT Gigabit Ethernet||80-31-001|| Copper Interface |
|1Gbps Multimode 550m 850nm||80-31-011|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 7.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-31-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 9.5dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-31-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 18dB
|1Gbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-31-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Multimode 2km 1300nm||80-30-021|| Multimode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 8.5dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 10km 1300nm||80-30-031|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 13dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 40km 1300nm||80-30-033|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 20dB
|100Mbps Singlemode 80km 1550nm||80-30-042|| Singlemode interface |
fibre optic loss budget 29dB
Other SFPs are available on request including long haul, 1550nm, CWDM and bi-directional.
Whilst the MetroCONNECT product range uses industry standard user exchangeable SFPs, it is recommended that these are purchased from Metrodata to guarantee their specification and compatibility with each other.
If you require another SFP please contact our sales team with your requirements.
MetroCONNECT Managed Carrier Ethernet Service Demarcation
- FCM9003 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM9005 Multi-port 1Gbps Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
- FCM10G05 10Gbps Advanced Ethenet Demarcation Device with L2/L3 Traffic Test & Monitoring
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Chassis System
- MetroCONNECT Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery Platform
- FCC9000: Dual 10/100/1000baseT to 1000base-X Ethernet Media Converter Module
- WCC1400 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 4-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC1800 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 8-port Fractional E1/T1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC3200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over 2-port Fractional E3/DS3 LAN Extension Module
- WCC5200 MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Dual STM-1 LAN Extension Module
- WCC-Serial MetroCONNECT Ethernet over Serial Module
MetroCONNECT Ethernet Service Delivery Products - Standalone Units
- WC-Serial: WC-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- WC1000: WC1000 Unmanaged Fast Ethernet over E1 / T1
- WCM1100: Gigabit Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1101: 10/100Mb Ethernet Extender to E1 or T1
- WCM1400: WCM1400 Ethernet Extender over 4x bonded E1 or T1
- WCM1800: WCM1800 Ethernet Converter over 8x E1 or T1
- WCM1820: WCM1820 Ethernet Converter to 16x E1 or T1
- WCM3100: WCM3100 Ethernet Converter to E3 or DS3
- WCM3200: WCM3200 Ethernet Extender over 2x E3 or DS3
- WCM3400: Ethernet Aggregator for 4x E3 or DS3
- WCM5100: WCM5100 Gigabit Ethernet Converter to STM1 or OC3
- WCM-Serial: WCM-Serial Ethernet Converter to X.21, V.35 or EIA-530 Serial
- LHM1000: LHM1000 Ethernet Converter to HSSI Serial
Ethernet Media Converters
- FC7X00: Fast Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100baseT to 100baseF, over multimode or singlemode cable, with both short-haul or long-haul applications being supported.
- FCM5000: Managed 1Gb Ethernet Media Converter (copper to fibre conversion) and Entry Level Ethernet Demarcation Device
- FC5000: Gigabit Ethernet copper to fibre conversion media converter, i.e. 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseSX or 10/100/1000baseT to 1000baseLX
- FC2X00: Fast Ethernet fibre mode media converter, i.e. 100baseF multimode to 100baseF singlemode, with both short-haul or long-haul singlemode applications being supported.
- FC-GigE: Gigabit Ethernet fibre mode conversion, i.e. 1000baseSX to 1000baseLX.
Networking The World Since 1989